Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, R.Bear said:

While this is a great story no Villa fan should be pleased about this, its humiliating for so many "top" or even mediocre English teams. I'm riddled with jealously.

I think it is great news for Villa fans. 

At the start of this season I genuinely thought you could not crack the Champions League places without a Man City style investment of half a billion pounds.

For Leicester to not only make the Champions League but actually win the league after a recent promotion gives hope to all of us.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Villan_of_oz said:

I thought your posts were only facts. If it was a fact they woul've been punished. Bugga off you clown

Take your Leicester shirt off #glory hunter

It's well documented in this thread what they've been up to. 

Just now, R.Bear said:

I'd honestly take a title win if we never won another trophy in my lifetime. Well considering we've won one in over 100 years thats a no-brainer actually. 

Just winning the FA cup would be enough for me.

Scrub that the league cup will do. Leicester have won that twice since we last won it.....

Edited by VillaChris
  • Like 1

It's not the moment to be cynical about Leicester but the odds of this are so extraordinary I really do now hope that this was all won legitimately. If it wasn't I imagine there will be forces out there keen to expose it. So that said, congrats Leicester, massive shake up for football and maybe the end of the big money era?...

Just now, HanoiVillan said:

Great story, great achievement, totally happy for them. 

Can't wait to post the picture of Albrighton holding the trophy aloft when it happens. 

Can we ask one of the more creative graphic designers on here to superimpose a villa shirt on him please?

It's what Marc would prefer really, I'm sure ;)

Watching Monday Night football im annoyed there is no coverage slating Spurs for how they acted in the final 20 minutes of that game. Im pleased for Ranieri and a team that have worked their arses off to win the league.

Hopefully the start of something in the Premier League but no doubt a return to the status quo next year. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Just winning the FA cup would be enough for me.

Scrub that the league cup will do. Leicester have won that twice since we last won it.....

HArd to claim we're the biggest club in the midlands anymore really, isn't it.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, LondonLax said:

I think it is great news for Villa fans. 

At the start of this season I genuinely thought you could not crack the Champions League places without a Man City style investment of half a billion pounds.

For Leicester to not only make the Champions League but actually win the league after a recent promotion gives hope to all of us.  

I'm not sure it does tbh.

It's an absolutely phenomenal achievement but there are so many factors that had to fall into place this season which I don't think will be repeated again in our lifetimes.

Guest av1
14 minutes ago, Sam3773 said:

Congratulations to them, definitely deserved.

Sad to think the same feat may not happen to my club in my lifetime. emoji17.png

Sad?  Its called once in a life time for a reason, embrace that s##t

As for people saying its because of drugs, grow up. 

2 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

I'm absolutely delighted. Not humiliating at all. Brings the fun back to football. 

Does it? We've just had the worst season in pretty much all the fans on here's lives and our future in turmoil but its ok because a team who in a division below us two years ago have just won a league title? Right that makes sense.

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, StanBalaban said:

Congratulations to John Terry and everyone at Leicester City.

ChewW_qWIAExG6w.jpg

Actually when the Chelsea fans started singing "Ranieri" & "Leicester" it reminded me of Terry getting in full kit wank*r garb at the CL final. Their fans even glory hunt when Leicester win the league c*^ts.

Well done to Leicester, I'm chuffed that an underdog had managed to  upset the Sky favourites. 

However, this is, in my opinion, a bad thing in the grander scheme of the Premier League. The gulf between the top six and the rest has been huge for almost the entire history of this money-driven "competition". The bosses of the league can now use Leicester as poster boy for an "anybody can do it" campaign whenever the biased aspects of the league are brought into question. But, as we all know, it will be a very long time before any other team emulates Leicester's achievements this season. 

13 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's not the moment to be cynical about Leicester but the odds of this are so extraordinary I really do now hope that this was all won legitimately. If it wasn't I imagine there will be forces out there keen to expose it. So that said, congrats Leicester, massive shake up for football and maybe the end of the big money era?...

Absolutely no chance. If anything with the new tv deal it's going to get worse. This a freak occurrence, a fairytale by any stretch of the imagination caused by the perfect storm of innumerable factors. If it was as easy to find the next Vardy, Mahrez and Kante for the sums Leicester had paid then obviously every club would be doing it. 

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

Â