Leicester City

Villan4Life

Will be interesting to see what some of their players will do when the big clubs inevitably come knocking on their doors with fat contract offers.

4 hours ago, Ponky said:

Will be interesting to see what some of their players will do when the big clubs inevitably come knocking on their doors with fat contract offers.

Not a bad price to pay for their achievement this season. I don't know how well heeled their owner is, but if he has the means and the desire, he could try to assemble a team good enough to launch a sustained European campaign. Kind of what we were all hoping for back when. 

Who knows, they might come crashing down to Earth next year, but fair play to them for what they've done. 

When we get promoted next year, I want Okazaki at the top of the shopping list. Can't help but love the little dude. 

Edited by maqroll

5 hours ago, dubbs said:

I've had a drink so I apologise but **** Leicester. Luckiest team to win the league.  When the big clubs spend £100m in the window, normality will resume. 

I'm trying to wrap my head around how anyone can call a team "lucky" after it wins a competition that lasts THIRTY EIGHT MATCHES.

Edited by JamieZ
  • Like 3

I'm trying to wrap my head around how anyone can call a team "lucky" after it wins a competition that lasts THIRTY EIGHT MATCHES.

Top for 100 days too.

They could easily do an Athletico Madrid now if they invest right over the summer.

Fair play to Leicester, deserved to win. I cant say im happy for them or wanted them to win to be honest, but credit where credit is due. Wow Marc Albrighton with a winners medal! 

Never ever liked Leicester as a club, stems back from the Savage, Lennon and Izzet days, dont know what it is but just always had it in for them lol 

Them winning the title just shows us what a F*****G disgrace our club is and what a bunch of overpaid w*****s we have playing at this club. If we had 1% of the fight and desire them Leicester players had, we would have stayed up. 

Next up champions league and a very interesting summer transfer wise. I am actually looking forward to see what they are gonna do!

59 minutes ago, DJ_Villain said:

Maybe its worth a cheeky 5er punt on them to win it again next year?

and another 5er on them to win the Champions League?

I think that ship has sailed. Firstly it won't happen and secondly you won't get the 5000/1 odds that were offered this season.

I agree they have done the impossible and fair play we would love it if it was us, but there is noway they will be anywhere near that next season. united, chelsea, city and liverpool will all be much better next season. Leicester will have to play CL games as well something they are not use to. In fact I can see leicester doing terribly next season.

They need to enjoy this because this is a once in  a life time achievement. Well done to them. 

10 hours ago, dubbs said:

I've had a drink so I apologise but **** Leicester. Luckiest team to win the league.  When the big clubs spend £100m in the window, normality will resume. 

Do you want normality to resume then?

Would you rather someone like Leicester work their arses off and show up the royalty or would you rather Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahya pumps another £300m into Manchester City for another win? Or Manchester United win it for the XXXXXX time?

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, islingtonclaret said:

Do you want normality to resume then?

Would you rather someone like Leicester work their arses off and show up the royalty or would you rather Mansour bin Zayed bin Sultan bin Zayed bin Khalifa Al Nahya pumps another £300m into Manchester City for another win? Or Manchester United win it for the XXXXXX time?

Completely agree...

I am happy that another team has rocked the boat and taken the smug bastard smile off of Man City fans faces...

Have to say I find those putting this achievement down because "it's not Villa" quite annoying. 

I'd like to think that if we did something similar in years to come (will never happrn) then fans of other clubs would see it as a huge achievement too. 

Leicester fully deserve all plaudits this year. I'm delighted for their fans more than anything else. It's just something that non-glory hunting fans can barely dream of happening to the club they support. Those fans who were still going to watch Leicester play whilst in League 1 are the ones i'm most happy for. 

Edited by PieFacE
  • Like 3

The thing about Leicester's win is that it just came out of nowhere, completely. It's not like they've spent several years consolidating in the PL and gradually improving like West Ham or Southampton for example. They were near-certainties to go down last season, fluked a few wins to stay up and then just stormed the league from there. You have to admire them for doing that but at the same time it's a bit jammy. Not trying to begrudge them really but personally I'd probably have more positive feelings about a team that really worked for it over several seasons rather than everything just magically falling into place in one season.

But that's part and parcel of sport, so it's not like I think they've done anything wrong before I get abuse hurled at me for not sucking up to them.

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

Have to say I find those putting this achievement down because "it's not Villa" quite annoying. 

I'd like to think that if we did something similar in years to come (will never happrn) then fans of other clubs would see it as a huge achievement too. 

Leicester fully deserve all plaudits this year. I'm delighted for their fans more than anything else. It's just something that non-glory hunting fans can barely dream of happening to the club they support. Those fans who were still going to watch Leicester play whilst in League 1 are the ones i'm most happy for. 

At the same time though I wouldn't be expecting fans of other clubs to be fawning over us to such an extent and I certainly wouldn't expect them to be arguing amongst themselves trying to defend our honour. Honestly, I'd be so happy I wouldn't give a shit about other fans.

15 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

Sarcasm? Its a genuine point that I'd like to know the answer to if we are considering hiring him as manager.

by sarcasm, I meant that I was joking about it having anything to do with Pearson. I assume maqroll agreed with me & you.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Not trying to begrudge them really but personally I'd probably have more positive feelings about a team that really worked for it over several seasons rather than everything just magically falling into place in one season.

But that's part and parcel of sport, so it's not like I think they've done anything wrong before I get abuse hurled at me for not sucking up to them.

That the magic is possible is what's so good about it. It's not about Leicester in particular, or any specific players, just that if the stars align along with hard work anything is possible - something I was absolutely convinced before this season was gone from football and never to come back. It's more interesting than a team putting in money and finding the right players, selling them for a big profit and re-investing in better quality that you could argue Spurs have done - it was just so unpredictable, and that is exciting.

Edited by a m ole
  • Like 2

Just now, a m ole said:

That the magic is possible is what's so good about it. It's not about Leicester in particular, or any specific players, just that if the stars align along with hard work anything is possible - something I was absolutely convinced before this season was gone from football and never to come back. It's more exciting than a team putting in money and finding the right players, selling them for a big profit and re-investing in better quality that you could argue Spurs have done - it was just so unpredictable, and that is exciting.

To me, this gives me much less hope than if a team like West Ham won it in a couple of seasons. I don't see this as anything other than a once-in-a-lifetime thing.

The way they're reporting this in the press, I'm expecting Vardy to be going back to his part time job as a plasterer. The 'poor' little underdog angle is ridiculous. They paid more in wages when they got promoted then they as a club, earn in a year. Albrighton left us and doubled his wages.

It's not a FA cup giant killing, it's a well run football club with a billionaire owner winning the premier league. 

Please stop reporting it like they are poor guys, sticking it to the millionaires. Because they are millionaires sticking it to wealthier millionaires.

Also Jamie Vardy (no matter how good he is) is a prick.

Â