Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

greatest thing to ever happen in football in the modern age and if you begrudge them or are bitter then im sorry it might soon dickheadish then you are not a football fan

Haha whatever. I forgot that being a football fan is defined solely by whether you're pleased with a club you don't support winning the league.

1/10.

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Villareal are a very impressive side in their own right (comfortably beat Valencia last night with their reserve team) but Leicester would be top 6 I think.

I've seen more of La Liga this season than the past 5 years combined due to Bet 365 streaming the games this season and the standard across the league is why down from when I started watching it on Sky around 2000.

I think Leicester will do alright in CL next season, they'll get to knock out round as long as they don't lose major players.

Yes i like Villareal and hope they get the better of Liverpool. Maybe they dont have a Mahrez or Vardy but Marceleno has them playing a certain way no matter who in his in side.

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Haha whatever. I forgot that being a football fan is defined solely by whether you're pleased with a club you don't support winning the league.

1/10.

so you would be happier if City, Chelsea or United won the league?

Guest av1

The guy is absolute class.

Leicester manager Claudio Ranieri: “I’m so proud. I’m happy for my players, for the Chairman, for the staff at Leicester City, all our fans and the Leicester community. It’s an amazing feeling and I’m so happy for everyone.

“I never expected this when I arrived. I’m a pragmatic man, I just wanted to win match after match and help my players to improve week after week. Never did I think too much about where it would take us.

“The players have been fantastic. Their focus, their determination, their spirit has made this possible. Every game they fight for each other and I love to see this in my players. They deserve to be champions.”

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

That isn't what I said is it?

Honestly? I don't really care much either way. None of them are Villa.

• Like 1

That isn't what I said is it?

Honestly? I don't really care much either way. None of them are Villa.

I struggle to understand this. I mean, sure we're all fans of Villa, but to step back and realize this unbelievable achievement that goes way beyond just English football. You don't have to be happy for Leicester, but to not be bothered that it's them or some other team who is always odds on favorite. Weird.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Why do we have to be either happy for Leicester or happier for Spurs etc... I'm a Villa fan and I really couldn't give a **** who wins it tbh. I'm just disappointed to be bottom of the table fodder in the year a side like Leicester have managed to win the title. 

Edited by One For The Road
  • Like 1

4 minutes ago, tyklip said:

I struggle to understand this. I mean, sure we're all fans of Villa, but to step back and realize this unbelievable achievement that goes way beyond just English football. You don't have to be happy for Leicester, but to not be bothered that it's them or some other team who is always odds on favorite. Weird.

I'll congratulate them but that's about it. My only allegiance is to Villa.

Also, the fawning over them has put me off a bit. It's not that people are happy for them, it's that some people are going way over the top. And of course there are people who get really aggressive if you don't share their undiluted joy about Leicester winning.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mantis said:

Also, the fawning over them has put me off a bit. It's not that people are happy for them, it's that some people are going way over the top. And of course there are people who get really aggressive if you don't share their undiluted joy about Leicester winning.

maybe you should leave the Leicester City thread then ;)

I honestly don't think anyone can go over the top. This might be the greatest underdog story in all major sports. The sheer odds are unreal. No need being aggressive, but I guess I've been a supporter of enough losing clubs that I'm able to separate my club's lack of success with some other outcome. In American football, I'm almost as happy to see the Patriots lose as my team win, for example.

2 minutes ago, tyklip said:

I honestly don't think anyone can go over the top. This might be the greatest underdog story in all major sports. The sheer odds are unreal. No need being aggressive, but I guess I've been a supporter of enough losing clubs that I'm able to separate my club's lack of success with some other outcome. In American football, I'm almost as happy to see the Patriots lose as my team win, for example.

Of course people can go OTT. As I've said before, I've seen fans of teams that had stuff to play for saying they wouldn't mind losing to Leicester. That's just **** pathetic. And then you've got stuff like "you're not a football fan if you begrudge Leicester in any way".

Yes it's an amazing achievement, one of the greatest ever in sport but football deoesn't revolve around Leicester. They are not the be all and end all unless you're a Leicester fan.

• Like 2

Of course people can go OTT. As I've said before, I've seen fans of teams that had stuff to play for saying they wouldn't mind losing to Leicester. That's just **** pathetic. And then you've got stuff like "you're not a football fan if you begrudge Leicester in any way".

Yes it's an amazing achievement, one of the greatest ever in sport but football deoesn't revolve around Leicester. They are not the be all and end all unless you're a Leicester fan.

For me, a large part of it is the satisfaction in not seeing some of those perennial top teams with their spoiled fans winning. That's big for me.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, tyklip said:

For me, a large part of it is the satisfaction in not seeing some of those perennial top teams with their spoiled fans winning. That's big for me.

for me too, I dont give a **** abotu Leicester but im happy that its not Arsenal, United, Chelsea or City winning the league. I be happy if it was even Spurs winning it but Leicester is a better fairytale

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I hope Nigel Pearson is given an honorary medal.

You might say it's incredible that Pearson had that Leicester side doing so poorly for the majority of last season.

Just another point of view. ;)

Edited by One For The Road

56 minutes ago, One For The Road said:

You might say it's incredible that Pearson had that Leicester side doing so poorly for the majority of last season.

Just another point of view. ;)

and one my sarcasm agrees with!

3 hours ago, Davkaus said:

And you think that's a good thing?

There's some weird outlooks on sport in this thread. Jealousy is an ugly thing.

I'm not sure he was trying to convey jealousy, but rather cynicism.

That said, I do think that calling them "lucky" does them a huge disservice. 

Â