Leicester City

Villan4Life

Guest av1

I can't see Everton troubling Leicester, so even if Spurs get a result at the bridge i think its over now. Fantastic achievement. 

1 hour ago, av1 said:

I can't see Everton troubling Leicester, so even if Spurs get a result at the bridge i think its over now. Fantastic achievement. 

It's been over for a while. Spurs failing to beat the Baggies was the killer.

• Like 1

Ranieri has handled his players masterfully in order to get them to run through a brick wall for him, the fans and each other.

Whilst I'm sure he can be the disciplinarian when he needs to, he also realises that most footballers are just over-grown, rich kids.

The carrot and stick - win and you'll get pizza for example. Tangible, immediate reward that's so simple.

For those saying the Leicester fans are getting above their station, I say let them have this. I know we'd be a bunch of insufferable words removed too.

I really hope Ranieri can see this over the line.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, maqroll said:

He's a true gent. Wish we had him at Villa. Credit everyone at LCFC, even if they somehow conspire to bottle it and other results go against them, they made the top of the table interesting again, instead of the same old boring Sky clubs. Great team spirit at Leicester. And how can you not like a guy Okazaki? He runs himself into the ground every game. They all do, really. They are the total opposite of what Villa have become. 

Oh the irony. If we had appointed him there would have been uproar on here

• Like 2

Yes and I doubt whether he would have made that much of a difference here. Everything was in place for him at Leicester built by the previous management. You can''t take anything away from him he has done a brilliant job but some credit much go to Pearson as well. 

Edited by PaulC
  • Like 2

18 minutes ago, VillaJ100 said:

What sid old Saunders say? (paraphrasing) "I might not have the best players... But I have the fittest!"  Leicester are showing that to the max. Run themselves into the ground every match. 

I don't recall him saying anything near that although it would have been around 35 years ago so I may have forgotten.  

52 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Oh the irony. If we had appointed him there would have been uproar on here

Rightly so. I imagine there was uproar amongst a few Leicester fans too.

His recent record, before Leicester, was poor. As the Greece coach he was utterly appalling.

Full credit to him for this season, but his performance wasn't exactly predictable.

I also think had he been appointed here we'd have still gone down. Our problems run deeper than the manager.

• Like 1

59 minutes ago, Woodytom said:

Why? I think they're absolutely brilliant. A great advert for the game and sport, and indeed life. What can be achieved. 

Chuffed to bits for my dad and brother in law who both support them and I hope that one day villa give me an ounce of the joy they've given them.

11 players, none of which individually special to a massive extent but together - brilliant. Hard work, keep it simple, fearless and belief. 4 things that no team has an excuse not to have.

Truly remarkable and I would think that there won't be a sporting achievement like this for hundreds, maybe thousands of years. 

I think they've been a bit flukey over the past 12 months. Don't get me wrong, they've been the best team this season and deserve to win the league but I think they've had an enormous amount of luck with regards to injuries/refereeing decision/general rub of the green, although to be fair for any team of that stature to win the league they'd have to have loads of luck.

Everyone fawning over them is also getting on my nerves a bit. They rightly deserve plaudits and it'll be one of the greatest achievements in the history of football if they pull it off but even then many people (not so much in here but elsewhere) go over the top. As I said a while ago, I've seen fans of other teams who have stuff to play for say how they wouldn't mind losing to Leicester because of the fairytale etc etc.

Oh yeah, and THAT game back in September. It was our own fault mind you but then again football isn't always a rational game.

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

Rightly so. I imagine there was uproar amongst a few Leicester fans too.

His recent record, before Leicester, was poor. As the Greece coach he was utterly appalling.

Full credit to him for this season, but his performance wasn't exactly predictable.

I also think had he been appointed here we'd have still gone down. Our problems run deeper than the manager.

yep looking at Predictions thread I along with few others tipped them to go down mainly because of Ranieri recent managerial form

6 hours ago, Mantis said:

I think they've been a bit flukey over the past 12 months. Don't get me wrong, they've been the best team this season and deserve to win the league but I think they've had an enormous amount of luck with regards to injuries/refereeing decision/general rub of the green, although to be fair for any team of that stature to win the league they'd have to have loads of luck.

I think that's a bit unfair. They haven't had anymore luck than what is generally associated with a team at the top of the league. Whoever wins the league has luck - I just don't think it's highlighted as much due to The usual league winners normally being full of world class players.

Everyone fawning over them is also getting on my nerves a bit. They rightly deserve plaudits and it'll be one of the greatest achievements in the history of football if they pull it off but even then many people (not so much in here but elsewhere) go over the top.

I think you're massively underating the achievement.

'One of the greatest achievements in football'?

Itl be by far the greatest achievement in football. Not only that Itl be the greatest achievement in sport. 

They not only look like winning it. They look like winning it with ease. Everytime they've been tested, they've responded. They went to the etihad and simply tore man city to pieces for example.

As I said a while ago, I've seen fans of other teams who have stuff to play for say how they wouldn't mind losing to Leicester because of the fairytale etc etc.

I agree, that's a bit bizarre. Though I should imagine a lot of that is just deflecting the pressure of the game - especially if it's been supporters of big teams. Save face so to say.

Oh yeah, and THAT game back in September. It was our own fault mind you but then again football isn't always a rational game.

I'd move on. Looking back, it was one of the highlights of our season that game.

Â