Leicester City

Villan4Life

4 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not sure it does tbh.

It's an absolutely phenomenal achievement but there are so many factors that had to fall into place this season which I don't think will be repeated again in our lifetimes.

It's not just them though....West Ham are only 5 points off a top 4 place with a game in hand if you want a more realistic target eventually. And they've had the most injuries in the league this season.

8 minutes ago, Jareth said:

It's not the moment to be cynical about Leicester but the odds of this are so extraordinary I really do now hope that this was all won legitimately. If it wasn't I imagine there will be forces out there keen to expose it. 

Hmm really? A cover up and shady goings on in football would surely never happen....

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

It's not just them though....West Ham are only 5 points off a top 4 place with a game in hand if you want a more realistic target eventually. And they've had the most injuries in the league this season.

There's a very big difference between a club like West Ham breaking the top 4 for a season and a team like Leicester (who were quite far behind West Ham) actually winning the thing.

3 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Maybe our store should stock Leicester City shirts?? They are only 40 miles down the road FFS. Control yourselves. 

Jesus wept, wind your neck in  I don't like Leicester myself but you have to have your head buried in the sand to not see this for the achievement it is, the thread was obviously going to be full of people congratulating them so if it's offending you so why even bother coming here?

Edited by penguin
  • Like 1

Just now, Mantis said:

There's a very big difference between a club like West Ham breaking the top 4 for a season and a team like Leicester (who were quite far behind West Ham) actually winning the thing.

I'd settle for the former, tbh. :P 

For me its the biggest underdog story in sport ever. and they have done it with two games to spare. The final game of the season at Stamford Bridge is just going to be like a lap of honour with both fans cheering Ranieri and Leicester.

8 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I'm not sure it does tbh.

It's an absolutely phenomenal achievement but there are so many factors that had to fall into place this season which I don't think will be repeated again in our lifetimes.

I don't know about that. You're not that old, are you? Early twenties or so? If you are, you've probably got more than five decades left. And it only took 25 years for Leicester to win the league once, after all . . .

I still find it a bit odd how many seem to be so overly pleased for them. Don't get me wrong they've done something truly remarkable and I congratulate them for it but I can't feel that elated about this. I only support Villa after all.

2 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Alright but it's still a more realistic target for when eventually we get our house in order than winning the league which I agree is a once in a lifetime achievement that won't be repeated for a long time.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

Alright but it's still a more realistic target for when eventually we get our house in order than winning the league which I agree is a once in a lifetime achievement that won't be repeated for a long time.

I agree, although let's not forget that West Ham have benefited from the same abnormal factor that Leicester have - mainly virtually all of the top teams all doing bad in the same season. It's unlikely to happen again anytime soon.

Edited by Mantis

5 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I still find it a bit odd how many seem to be so overly pleased for them. Don't get me wrong they've done something truly remarkable and I congratulate them for it but I can't feel that elated about this. I only support Villa after all.

All bought into the Sky hype haven't they. A team which would be comfortably bottom half in La Liga.

Might as well celebrate Burnley winning the Championship.

Edited by supernova26
  • Like 2

Â