Leicester City

Villan4Life

1 minute ago, penguin said:

My post was disagreeing with the notion that this could be the end of the "big money era", when in reality the money in the game is only going to increase. 

No I agree with that, but now everyone in the PL has big money. 

I've had a drink so I apologise but **** Leicester. Luckiest team to win the league.  When the big clubs spend £100m in the window, normality will resume. 

14 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Does the new TV deal really even things up? The big clubs will have more money too.

12 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

End of the day there's only so many really good players to go around and many of them don't want to leave Paris, Barca, Madrid or Munich to play in the premier league.

I think this season the top clubs have taken too many punts on unproven top level players like Baba Rahman and Memphis who have not been up to the job, those two cost 40m between them.

Yet those sort can improve mid table teams. Would Payet improve a top side as much as he's improved West Ham. It's an interesting point to consider long term.

The phenomenon here, which is seen in all fields of human endeavour, is diminishing marginal returns on investment. As Chris says, there is only a very small number of very elite footballers, and most of those would prefer to play in Spain. So an extra £10m or £20m doesn't buy the top teams that much more in terms of quality. This would be consistent with a somewhat levelled playing field. 

Now, this doesn't mean that future seasons will be the same as this one. Firstly, more money is still valuable, and the link between revenue and final league position is bent, not broken. The law is of diminishing returns, not negative returns. Secondly, we may reach a point in time when pay in the Premier League is so good that the Suarez's and Neymar's and Bale's and Messi's and Ronaldo's want to return to the PL, at which point having more money will become more valuable again. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Only 4 points less than our 9th place team. 

Our coefficients are going to take a hammering next season when Leicester and co turn up.

Who gives a **** about co-efficients it has nowt to do with Villa!! 

Fairplay to the Foxes enjoy it and the Champions League next year they will go further than Man Utd did this year!

Also if the top clubs are worried about losing a place then they should pull their fingers out when they drop into The Europa League.  Oh and make a better fist of finishing in the Top 4 each season!

Infact any of our participants should take The Europa League seriously.

You can't blame Leicester for the shocking performances from our clubs in Europe since Chelsea fluked the Champions League and Europa League back to back!

• Like 2

32 minutes ago, supernova26 said:

Sevilla won 14 home matches in a row title winning home form. They are an anomaly. They get to Europa final every year because they are so strong at home.  

What are you, some sort of resident La Liga expert?

15 minutes ago, dubbs said:

Didn't say it was a good or bad thing.  But who's going to deny they've been lucky on numerous occasions this season? 

pretty much all title winning sides could be described as 'lucky', Man Utd with penalties/extra time goals for example. I think it's mostly confirmation bias, that because they're a small club youre more likely to put their wins down to good fortune instead of deserving them. There's been a few moments that have gone against them (Mahrez should have had a penalty yesterday) but they don't seem to dwell on it.

over 38 games they definitely deserve the title.

Edited by a m ole

54 minutes ago, dAVe80 said:

Eden Hazard is the new Bosco Jankovic. Very well played Leicester City. An amazing story, and an unbelievable achievement, 

I saw that name mentioned somewhere earlier.. Who?

I, for one, am loving the fact that Leicester have done it. Fair play to them. I'm so sick of seeing the same thing every year, the same teams competing at the same end of the table year in year out. It's nice to actually see a club do what Leicester have done, through hard work and belief rather than buying the title. Surely that's what sport should be about?

59 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

Hang on Sevilla are about 6th without winning any away game this season. 

La Liga has three brilliant teams but I watch enough of Espanyol, Getafe, Valencia (back to shocking last night), Granada etc to now there's a lot of s*** as there is in any 20 team league. 

I think Leicester would be comfortably 4th. in la liga. 

Villareal are a very impressive side in their own right (comfortably beat Valencia last night with their reserve team) but Leicester would be top 6 I think.

I've seen more of La Liga this season than the past 5 years combined due to Bet 365 streaming the games this season and the standard across the league is why down from when I started watching it on Sky around 2000.

I think Leicester will do alright in CL next season, they'll get to knock out round as long as they don't lose major players.

2 minutes ago, JoshVilla said:

I, for one, am loving the fact that Leicester have done it. Fair play to them. I'm so sick of seeing the same thing every year, the same teams competing at the same end of the table year in year out. It's nice to actually see a club do what Leicester have done, through hard work and belief rather than buying the title. Surely that's what sport should be about?

Second all that. And I am particularly glad for Ranieri who I think has shown all other PL managers this season how it should be done. Never seen him blame poor results on a referee, his own players, the opposing players, or even bad luck. Has been the model of positivity, calm and tact and that must have fed into the strength of the Leicester team. Took them on an afternoon making pizzas when they first kept a clean sheet. And went to Rome to have lunch with his mama at the absolute key moment of drama in the title race. This guy has it all in perspective and deserves every bit of success he is getting now.

• Like 2

greatest thing to ever happen in football in the modern age and if you begrudge them or are bitter then im sorry it might soon dickheadish then you are not a football fan

• Like 1

Â