Grant Holt

samjp26

I was thinking the other day that this whole Holt episode was reminding me of something way back in the cobwebbed section of what remains of my brain.. I've mulled over it a while and thought..... Hmm Ageing player...... Bulky Centre Forward............

Journeyman.......................Slow............ Sluggish........... Moaning fanbase........................She's got nice t***...oops back on topic........

What'd we buy him for murmurings.......Past it..........Etc .....Etc...

Then i thought  :excl: ...I remember the last time we had all this

His name was Peter Withe!

Er How old was Withe when he signed for us?

28 but there was an outcry from many villa fans

His signing is very similar to what MON did with Chris Sutton. That was a success so you never know.

Eh? He scored 1 goal and spent the rest of season injured with an eye injury

He won us three points. So yes it was worth it. Success would be an exaggeration, but not a bad move. Of course we then signed Carew and Young in January so it didn’t matter

Manboobs?

0,,10265~12526736,00.jpg

My eyes are up here....

He doesn't look fat there to me, he looks like a **** unit. I would NOT want to run into him at full pelt (or be on the receiving end of a cheeky elbow).

He probably hasn't got a 6 pack to be fair, but who gives a **** as long as he's fit.

Edited by dont_do_it_doug.
  • Like 2

I was thinking the other day that this whole Holt episode was reminding me of something way back in the cobwebbed section of what remains of my brain.. I've mulled over it a while and thought..... Hmm Ageing player...... Bulky Centre Forward............

Journeyman.......................Slow............ Sluggish........... Moaning fanbase........................She's got nice t***...oops back on topic........

What'd we buy him for murmurings.......Past it..........Etc .....Etc...

Then i thought  :excl: ...I remember the last time we had all this

His name was Peter Withe!

Unfortunately his name was Emile Heskey

He'll have to fight for his place...so i can't see him getting in our team until he understands the sophisticated strategy of counter attacking football...could be as much as a couple of months.lol

Manboobs?

0,,10265~12526736,00.jpg

My eyes are up here....

He doesn't look fat there to me, he looks like a **** unit. I would NOT want to run into him at full pelt (or be on the receiving end of a cheeky elbow).

He probably hasn't got a 6 pack to be fair, but who gives a **** as long as he's fit.

Yeah like Heskey ws a ****** unit???

I can see it now.... 1-0 down away to Liverscum....

On comes Big Holt for a tiring Andi Weimann, A sprinting run down the line from Gabby, swinging cross into the box and the ball bounces around the box, comes to Holty and he slams it past Mignolet!!!

5 mins later and after a big kick from Brad Guzan, Holt heads the ball down to Benteke who flicks the ball through the Liverpool defense through to an on-rushing Holt to slip the ball past the keeper and Villa come from behind to beat a bewildered Liverscum!!

Please? =)

• Like 1

Â