Grant Holt

samjp26

I don't think a single person thinks this signing is a stroke of genius.

It's just another example of claiming that people say things that are never actually said. Lambert 'doing no wrong' in the linked example. Using hyperbole as a means of denigrating an opposing argument is a fairly desperate tactic IMHO.

In fairness I only said that in response to someone who claimed I'd bad mouth the signing no matter how he did.

Kazak was signed as cover for benteke, kozak gets injured so Holt comes in on a short term loan as back up, whats not to like? I don't think he'll start many games but I think he we do a job when required.

blizzarddc-300x56.jpg

Edited by AshVilla

Kazak was signed as cover for benteke, kozak gets injured so Holt comes in on a short term loan as back up, whats not to like? I don't think he'll start many games but I think he we do a job when required.

borat.jpg
I got it right on the 2nd attempt, I'm a quick lerner, I mean learner :-) Edited by av1

I don't think a single person thinks this signing is a stroke of genius.

It's just another example of claiming that people say things that are never actually said. Lambert 'doing no wrong' in the linked example. Using hyperbole as a means of denigrating an opposing argument is a fairly desperate tactic IMHO.

In fairness I only said that in response to someone who claimed I'd bad mouth the signing no matter how he did.

Your response indicated that people on here are claiming the move to be genius without seeing him play for us, in contrast to you calling him crap without him playing for us yet.

Thing is, nobody has said the move is genius and I am sure nobody will. I'm glad that you'll support Holt if he does well, which is something I am sure we will all do, I just don't think we as fans should be starting from a negative stance. We should support our players from the offset especially if they haven't done anything wrong.

Edited by samjp26

Supporting a player and sharing an opinion on a message board are two different things and one doesn't have to effect the other.

My response wasn't claiming people see it as a genius signing at all. It was a response to someone who claimed I would say its a bad signing no matter what.

He's certainly said the right things in the press conference today, fair play to him. I don't think he's needed, or is good enough, but I hope he proves me wrong and I like the attitude and fighting words he's come out with today.

giphy.gif

• Like 2

I don't think its odd at all. When you're the wrong side of 30 a couple of years can make a massive difference.

If Holt was 27/28 and not playing great at Wigan I think more would think Lambert may still get the best of him.

I think the motives for ignoring the fact he's way past his peak and a lot of Wigan fans have reported on how his fitness and ability have not been good enough at championship level are also obvious.

He's just over a year older than Rickie Lambert.

I don't think its odd at all. When you're the wrong side of 30 a couple of years can make a massive difference.

If Holt was 27/28 and not playing great at Wigan I think more would think Lambert may still get the best of him.

I think the motives for ignoring the fact he's way past his peak and a lot of Wigan fans have reported on how his fitness and ability have not been good enough at championship level are also obvious.

So everyone one the same age has the exact same level of fitness?

Ask yourself why one is scoring in the prem and getting called up for England and one is struggling in the championship.

Exactly and just have g that around the dressing room and training ground will be valuable.

It was just nice to hear a fighting attitude, talk about ramming words down throats rather than the placid 'we go again' or whatever. We don't have enough attitude in the team, we're too friendly.

• Like 1

Ask yourself why one is scoring in the prem and getting called up for England and one is struggling in the championship.

So Holt can't do the same?

So Holt can't do the same?
Maybe. How often do you see 32 year olds struggling in a lower league come and perform in the prem? Edited by Big_John_10

But about 2 stones heavier

But about 2 stones heavier

A quick search on Google tells me theyre the same height and weight, interesting how Holt is classed as fat though.

Â