Grant Holt

samjp26

article-2540971-1AB710FB00000578-344_634

Look at his hang time. Thats why we got him.

article-2540971-1AB7112300000578-284_634

The rest just ball watching as usual. Holt is showing them the way. Look at the four jokers in the back. Ridiculous.

**do not take this post too seriously as i was joking.**

Helenius is hanging higher

But Helenius isnt built like Holt. Hes too lightweight ;)

Surely you can form an opinion on what they've done before villa. Don't remember the past of McLeish being ignored before our first game under him.

People can form an opinion but it just seems odd* that in forming that opinion, his season in the Premier League where he scored 15 league goals under Lambert is being; if not completely ignored; certainly massively downplayed in favour of much more negative, not to mention subjective, criteria.

* well I say 'odd'. It isn't really, in the sense that I know perfectly well what people's motives are for reaching their negative conclusion.

• Like 1

I don't think its odd at all. When you're the wrong side of 30 a couple of years can make a massive difference.

If Holt was 27/28 and not playing great at Wigan I think more would think Lambert may still get the best of him.

I think the motives for ignoring the fact he's way past his peak and a lot of Wigan fans have reported on how his fitness and ability have not been good enough at championship level are also obvious.

I don't think people are soley basing their opinion of holt on his physical appearance.

No they're quite clearly basing their opinions on what he has done in a Villa shirt.

This. It's getting a bit much now, let the guy get on the pitch first for christ sake. If he does that bad you can all take him for a consolation Gregg's and never see him in a villa shirt again.

"way past his peak".

Let's look at that. He's 32 now. Guess what age he was at the end of the season that he scored 15 goals in the Premier League? He was 31.

• Like 3

I don't think its odd at all. When you're the wrong side of 30 a couple of years can make a massive difference.

If Holt was 27/28 and not playing great at Wigan I think more would think Lambert may still get the best of him.

I think the motives for ignoring the fact he's way past his peak and a lot of Wigan fans have reported on how his fitness and ability have not been good enough at championship level are also obvious.

Oh so we take notice of Wigan fans for this one, why not take notice of what some Chelsea fans are saying on Bertrand? I think it's best till we actually see what he does for Villa Rather than talking about his fitness etc. We do not know the circumstances of his career at Wigan, its a bit like us we laughed at Ireland, and Stoke fans must have been wondering what the hell have they signed.

• Like 1

Manboobs?

0,,10265~12526736,00.jpg

My eyes are up here....
He doesn't look fat there to me, he looks like a **** unit. I would NOT want to run into him at full pelt (or be on the receiving end of a cheeky elbow).

He probably hasn't got a 6 pack to be fair, but who gives a **** as long as he's fit.

bit like Dunne, when people called him fat when he was just well build. am sure the people moaning about his weight are actual well built men with 6 packs who can call people fat

I am fat. I am joking about him being fat because it is funny. Key word in that sentence is joking.

The two of you have sticks up your asses, and that is decidedly not funny.

Manboobs?

0,,10265~12526736,00.jpg

My eyes are up here....
He doesn't look fat there to me, he looks like a **** unit. I would NOT want to run into him at full pelt (or be on the receiving end of a cheeky elbow).

He probably hasn't got a 6 pack to be fair, but who gives a **** as long as he's fit.

bit like Dunne, when people called him fat when he was just well build. am sure the people moaning about his weight are actual well built men with 6 packs who can call people fat
I am fat. I am joking about him being fat because it is funny. Key word in that sentence is joking.

The two of you have sticks up your asses, and that is decidedly not funny.

I wasn't picking on you knobhead, just saying ;)

Surely you can form an opinion on what they've done before villa. Don't remember the past of McLeish being ignored before our first game under him.

People can form an opinion but it just seems odd* that in forming that opinion, his season in the Premier League where he scored 15 league goals under Lambert is being; if not completely ignored; certainly massively downplayed in favour of much more negative, not to mention subjective, criteria.

* well I say 'odd'. It isn't really, in the sense that I know perfectly well what people's motives are for reaching their negative conclusion.

What are these motives then?

Bertrand is a good player and signing. Just saying.

"way past his peak".

Let's look at that. He's 32 now. Guess what age he was at the end of the season that he scored 15 goals in the Premier League? He was 31.

It's around 18 months since that one season and like I said when you're the wrong side of 30 I think 18 months can be a long time.

If he's so similar to that great season why has he struggled for fitness and form in the championship and why were an average championship side so happy to see him go?

I get the feeling he'll make a decent contribution and you'll still find a way to knock him big john. Dont think ive ever seen an upbeat happy post from you.

And likewise regardless of his performance I'm sure there will be some that state this as a genius signing.

I genuinely have no problem in admitting I was wrong to predict he'd be crap if he plays well.

And in terms of upbeat and happy what aspect of our football club would you like me to be currently upbeat and happy about? The performances? Results? Players? Ambition? Is there anything that matters that really seems positive at the moment? I think my views are backed by more actual evidence than the postive happy clap stuff I read on here at times.

• Like 1

Even if hes crap on the field. He will add experience to match day and at half time.. Even when hes on the field.. he will have leadership and experience. He will rev them up etc. If he can chip in with 5 goals by the seasons end.. we can call it successful.

Even if hes crap on the field. He will add experience to match day and at half time.. Even when hes on the field.. he will have leadership and experience. He will rev them up etc. If he can chip in with 5 goals by the seasons end.. we can call it successful.

If he gets 5 goals i'd call that a big success.

I don't think a single person thinks this signing is a stroke of genius.

It's just another example of claiming that people say things that are never actually said. Lambert 'doing no wrong' in the linked example. Using hyperbole as a means of denigrating an opposing argument is a fairly desperate tactic IMHO.
  • Like 2

Kazak was signed as cover for benteke, kozak gets injured so Holt comes in on a short term loan as back up, whats not to like? I don't think he'll start many games but I think he we do a job when required.

Kazak was signed as cover for benteke, kozak gets injured so Holt comes in on a short term loan as back up, whats not to like? I don't think he'll start many games but I think he we do a job when required.

borat.jpg
  • Like 1

Â