Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

TBH anything is better than the current rubbish we have in midfield, but he will not come as he plays PL & not FL1/2, Lambert is clueless, set your team to get a result first and then play football. He can't even get that right why always this 4-3-3 tripe, we are outnumbered In midfield

Have seen posts in this thread saying he could have the impact of a Robbie Keane or Paul Merson! What rubbish. He's not fit to lace their boots and isn't guaranteed a start at a poor Norwich team. He's average at best but the sad thing is, he still would be an improvement for our piss poor, power puff ineffective midfield.

He'd do a job but it shows how far we have fallen. This signing, if it happens, would be reminiscent of a Kinsella or Leonhardson type of signing. 

• Like 1

The fact that we could sign Hoolahan and he would automatically become our best midfielder is very depressing.

But at least we know he can perform in this league unlike the dross that Lambert has bought from abroad/league 1.

That's about all the positives I can think of for signing a Norwich bench warmer.

• Like 2

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWAK7lzXXj8

Great video of Wes Hoolahan where you can see all of his involvations in a match. Looks good to me.

I have to ask, is this a joke? I honestly cant tell.

From that video he likes to come short to the defence and play simple passes just like Delph and Westwood do. Probably about the same quality as them, yes he plays a couple of decent good balls forward but it is against Georgia and he has the likes of Robbie Keane and Shane Long who both have very good movement. We have zero movement. We need someone who is going to play right behind Benteke, not trying to knock the lad I haven't seen tons of him and I will support him all the way if we sign him but fail to see how its going to make much difference to our team.

• Like 1

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qWAK7lzXXj8

Great video of Wes Hoolahan where you can see all of his involvations in a match. Looks good to me.

I have to ask, is this a joke? I honestly cant tell.

From that video he likes to come short to the defence and play simple passes just like Delph and Westwood do. Probably about the same quality as them, yes he plays a couple of decent good balls forward but it is against Georgia and he has the likes of Robbie Keane and Shane Long who both have very good movement. We have zero movement. We need someone who is going to play right behind Benteke, not trying to knock the lad I haven't seen tons of him and I will support him all the way if we sign him but fail to see how its going to make much difference to our team.

Joke? No, I am not joking. But are you joking? He is a totally different player than Westwood or Delph.

Bit underwhelmed by this one, might do o.k short term like Keano (who in fairness I didn't want either) but I'd prefer someone younger as the number 10 to build a team around for a year or two.

I'm still hopeful from what HH said that of the two players Hoolahan is the one we all know and the other Lambert was inquiring about wages and stuff is Defour or another foreign player as I don't see how Lambert would forget how much someone was earning who he was managing 18 months ago and I don't think he's signed another deal since.

Didn't Brendan Rogers leave Swansea with a bit of acrimony and yet they still signed Joe Allen a few weeks later?

Â