Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

FFS not the kind of signing I expected or wanted. A lot of Norwich fans on Twitter are saying that CH should be sacked if he lets WH go for 1.5m. If you're going to raid a fellow relegation rival for an ACM it would have to be Snodgrass or Bannan, only joking, it would be Snodgrass.

Snodgrass is not an attacking midfielder. Hes a winger and has been having a bad season this year but looked good last season tbf.

Has been out injured for long intervals of the season, most recently for six weeks with a hamstring injury; would say he is a number 10 tbh.

Edited by Avflife

FFS not the kind of signing I expected or wanted. A lot of Norwich fans on Twitter are saying that CH should be sacked if he lets WH go for 1.5m. If you're going to raid a fellow relegation rival for an ACM it would have to be Snodgrass or Bannan, only joking, it would be Snodgrass.

Snodgrass is not an attacking midfielder. Hes a winger and has been having a bad season this year but looked good last season tbf.

Has been out injured for big parts of the season, including most recently for six weeks. Would say he is a number 10 tbh.

When has Snodgrass ever played as a No. 10?

Decent journey man pro. At 31 this would be a dream move for him. I doubt he ever thought he'd play for a club as big as Villa.

Lambert would only use him at home.

I like the lad but am not convinced this is our best option. Kind of sad if it is.

Edited by Villastine
  • Like 1

I think this makes a lot of sense on a few levels.

- Plugs a hole for the remainder of the season

- Adds experience and leadership (Was Norwich captain)

- Can be used in rotation (or as backup) to any younger AM we sign in the Summer 

- Has played the best football of his career under Lambert

- Wages won't be too high

- Will most likely want to come as he isn't a regular at Norwich

Wouldn't be opposed to this one at all.

Exactly my thinking!

Decent journey man pro. At 31 this would be a dream move for him. I doubt he ever thought he'd play for a club as big as Villa.

Lambert would only use him at home.

I like the lad but am not convinced this is our best option. Kind of sad if it is.

No not the best option but its a safe one. Plenty of prem experience that he can pass down and put to good use on the field. Id like to see him come in and another CAM come in at some point soon after.

Norwich wont deal with us, not a bad player though but I just can't see it happening unless we pay well over the top which would put us back to the days of MoN.

We can spend the little money we have better imo.

Don't see why Norwich Wouldn't deal with us now.  Things happened in the past but its time to move on, its a mans game and it would be extremely childish of them if they were holding grudges.  I'd also expect that Hoolahan would be keen to join a big club like ours and he would probably enjoy playing for Lambert again so he could help make the deal happen himself.  Get it done Paul

Don't see why Norwich Wouldn't deal with us now.  Things happened in the past but its time to move on, its a mans game and it would be extremely childish of them if they were holding grudges.  I'd also expect that Hoolahan would be keen to join a big club like ours and he would probably enjoy playing for Lambert again so he could help make the deal happen himself.  Get it done Paul

You are right, but this is football. The press, owners, managers and players are all worse behaved than my kids.

Not sure if he would play in central midfield, I'd think that he'd occupy one of the  positions that Weimann or Agbonlahor take up, or at least between the midfield and striker. I suppose he's either a good player or not, whenever I've seen him he's looked good.

Edited by useless

Not the most inspiring but he certainly has talent and plays a position we sorely lack options in.

Also, I think he'd be a good role model for the likes of Grealish, Carruthers, Graham et al and could help develop their game.

I don't give a shit about Hoolahan's resale value. Lambert and Lerner will know that we will likely be Hoolahan's last top level club, and if they don't care neither should we. 1.5m fee plus low wages is not the same as signing Given on a 5 year deal for 60k/week.

• Like 4

Desperately what we need atm, and someone we should have got in the summer.

Exactly.

Ok, he'd be a short term fix, but a decent one at the right price..

If we can somehow sign a long term fix too, then everyone will be happy won't they?

;)

Â