Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Desperately what we need atm, and someone we should have got in the summer.

Exactly.

Ok, he'd be a short term fix, but a decent one at the right price..

If we can somehow sign a long term fix too, then everyone will be happy won't they?

;)

Allows us to hold out till the Summer for a long term fix so we don't have to pay ridiculous prices for Kiyotake or whoever.

Hoolahan is a waste of money imo. He may be great for a season or two at best. No resale value at all. When we need experience players you get them 26-28 years old. Hes almost 32 already.

Good! I'm sick of us buying players for the promise of resale value!

It'd be a nice to have a player that isn't using us as a stepping stone to a bigger club, while us fans are having to cheer on a player that we're certain won't stay for long.

• Like 1

More than happy to see us linked with him. First pre- requisite ; is he better than what we have ? Considerably so, I'd say. Would deffo improve our midfield in terms of both experience and creativity - if the £1.5m being bandied about is actually true, even better. Go get him !

• Like 2

Yep another on the happy with this bus.

Would only say that it's a pity that if we are after a midfielder from Norwich it's not pilks , but I'm happy enough if it is this chap

First I thought he was the player I first wanted us to pick up from Norwich when Lambert arrived here. Then I checked his age and realized it was actually Pilkington that I liked two years ago, when he scored 8 goals in the league and so on. Mixed up the names for some reason. Saying that, why are none of those players getting any game-time at Norwich this season? Injuries? Norwich are quite possibly one of the teams that play lousier attacking football than us and they have fewer points as well. Genuine question, I have seen very few of their games this season.

Hoolahan, turns 32 in May, so will he even get into our team if he cannot get into the Norwich-team?

Jesus Christ this would be one of the most depressing signings we've ever made.

Not saying he's that bad of a player, just would be such an anti-climax to the infamous "number ten" we've needed for years.

Seriously, who did you think we would sign?

We are battling relegation for a third year running and will not pay big wages or large transfer fees

• Like 1

Don't see why Norwich Wouldn't deal with us now.  Things happened in the past but its time to move on, its a mans game and it would be extremely childish of them if they were holding grudges.  I'd also expect that Hoolahan would be keen to join a big club like ours and he would probably enjoy playing for Lambert again so he could help make the deal happen himself.  Get it done Paul

He is very settled in Norfolk, but like our fans he loved Lambert too.

Good player from the limited amount I have seen of him. Can't be any worse than what we already have, or what we shipped out last summer, so I'd definitely be happy about this signing if it were to happen... and that is a very big if IMO.

I thought a better player on loan would be much better. Even if their wages are higher. If the loan fee is 1.5 and we get Essien (example) for a season.. whats the difference from having Hoolahan who will provide us with 1 season.. at best 2 seasons.

Ah well. If he signs hopefully he does well but i hope we go for Kiyotake in the summer./

I think you have to think of resale value.

You could buy a 12 million pound class young 22 year old attack mid.

Keep him for three years and then sell for 25 mill.

The extra cash has paid for his wages and basically he has been playing for free.

• Like 2

I thought a better player on loan would be much better. Even if their wages are higher. If the loan fee is 1.5 and we get Essien (example) for a season.. whats the difference from having Hoolahan who will provide us with 1 season.. at best 2 seasons.

Ah well. If he signs hopefully he does well but i hope we go for Kiyotake in the summer./

Well, I think you might have a point. IIRC (and Son of Wiz can correct me on this if I'm wrong) but Lambert's best formation at Norwich was 4-4-2 Diamond. Hoolahan was played at the tip of the diamond, with two box to box midfielders behind him. So we may just need another energetic midfielder if this is a formation that Lambert wants to use again. He's tried it a few times but we just don't have the midfielders. 

If we looked like this....

Lowton - Vlaar - Clark - Luna                

Westwood

New CM                  Delph

Hoolahan

Gabby     Benteke

I think that could be half decent. But that new CM would be crucial because I dont think either KEA or Bacuna are good enough to play that role. Essien would be too slow I think :(

Â