Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

James nursery, Norwich fan & midlands football reporter for the mirror says the only way this will happen is if hoolahan forces the move as Norwich won't sell him

Difficult move this is going to be, and won't be done soon

He's not getting a regular place and Lambert always used him. If WH thinks he's wanted then I'd imagine he'll do the necessary to make it happen. He's getting on and this is probably his last big move.

Who knew that when I watched DOL's Villa & Leeds come to Ireland for a pre-season tour all those years ago, that the little winger terrorising us for Shelbourne FC would one day find his way into our team. Getting ahead of myself a bit there, but it's still a crazy thought :)

I think Hoolahan will push this move. PL knows it hence why he's going after him. Norwich first said Lambert wasn't going to be appointed, he was, they then said we weren't getting any of the backroom staff, we did, they then stated Steer would cost us a fortune, he didn't. We then employed more coaches from them.  If Hoolahan wants to move to AVFC its a done deal, and I think PL is fairly certain the player wants to come hence why a bid has been made.

Hoolahan will as for me this is probably his only chance to move to a big club which we still are

James nursery, Norwich fan & midlands football reporter for the mirror says the only way this will happen is if hoolahan forces the move as Norwich won't sell him

Difficult move this is going to be, and won't be done soon

He's not getting a regular place and Lambert always used him. If WH thinks he's wanted then I'd imagine he'll do the necessary to make it happen. He's getting on and this is probably his last big move.

Who knew that when I watched DOL's Villa & Leeds come to Ireland for a pre-season tour all those years ago, that the little winger terrorising us for Shelbourne FC would one day find his way into our team. Getting ahead of myself a bit there, but it's still a crazy thought :)

Was there for that too never knew Hooahan was in that side. You learn something everyday.

I think Hoolahan will push this move. PL knows it hence why he's going after him. Norwich first said Lambert wasn't going to be appointed, he was, they then said we weren't getting any of the backroom staff, we did, they then stated Steer would cost us a fortune, he didn't. We then employed more coaches from them. If Hoolahan wants to move to AVFC its a done deal, and I think PL is fairly certain the player wants to come hence why a bid has been made.

Hoolahan will as for me this is probably his only chance to move to a big club which we still are

You and him get on well then?

I think Hoolahan will push this move. PL knows it hence why he's going after him. Norwich first said Lambert wasn't going to be appointed, he was, they then said we weren't getting any of the backroom staff, we did, they then stated Steer would cost us a fortune, he didn't. We then employed more coaches from them.  If Hoolahan wants to move to AVFC its a done deal, and I think PL is fairly certain the player wants to come hence why a bid has been made.

We might have the history but as things stand today we are not a big club. We've been battling relegation the past four seasons  :(

I think Hoolahan will push this move. PL knows it hence why he's going after him. Norwich first said Lambert wasn't going to be appointed, he was, they then said we weren't getting any of the backroom staff, we did, they then stated Steer would cost us a fortune, he didn't. We then employed more coaches from them. If Hoolahan wants to move to AVFC its a done deal, and I think PL is fairly certain the player wants to come hence why a bid has been made.

You and him get on well then?

sadly I dont know him. played football with his brother a few times, he makes Jordan Bowery look like Maradona ;)

• Like 1

We might have the history but as things stand today we are not a big club. We've been battling relegation the past four seasons  :(

yep and ridiculously we are no better than Norwich.

I bet all this move does is ensure Hoolahan gets a contract extension and starting place back. Norwich would rather get bummed in the face by the ghost of Jimmy Saville than sell to us.

If Norwich start playing hardball we should move on to other targets

If they start demanding 2 - 3 mill id rather pay extra and get Defour

i agree 2 million is the most I d pay like the sounds coming out of Ireland where I m from seems to think he wants to join us

Wes might be a $hels word removed but he is a class act, the kind of guy who should've been playing in the Premier League 10 years ago. He's exactly the kind of tricky player Lambert can bring on at VP who'll pick open defences with a clever pass. 

IMO it would be a medicore signing that would sum up Lambert's transfer activity.

He'll never be a top 8 premier league standard player which should be the minimum we are aiming for when signing new players.

Is he an improvement on what we have is the question we need to ask.

I must be in the minority by being excited with this. Can't even remember the last time Villa had a half decent AM. Would love to see somebody capable of creating chances for our strikers out there. 

I would agree with you, when you say i can't remember the last time we had a decent AM ..but what an indictment on the club.

• Like 1

Apparently Norwich want a hell of a lot more than 1.5m for him. I really hope we move on, I personally think 1.5 is too much for a very ordinary player the wrong side of 30.

• Like 3

no the club is BIG and has BIG potential....Its just the team that ain't.

• Like 1

Â