Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

Whine that we need experience and then when we try to get it whine that he's completely caved and lost credibility. Bravo.

Good job I was never one of those clamouring for experience then. But slander away...

No i'll leave you to that.

Whatever...

Did Lambert ever say he didn't want experience or did he say they are expensive hence the young and hungry approach. Weren't Vlaar or KEA experienced players?

If I remember correctly, he justified a lot of the preference for youth philosophically and spoke about his belief in developing experience rather than buying it. I'll have to dig up the exact quotes though and get back to you.

Meh.

Negatives: he's 31, he's not very good.

Postives: He'd go straight into our first XI and improve the team.

That's reason enough to sign him given current circumstances.

Yes. Some creativity better than absolutely none.

Did Lambert ever say he didn't want experience or did he say they are expensive hence the young and hungry approach. Weren't Vlaar or KEA experienced players?

If I remember correctly, he justified a lot of the preference for youth philosophically and spoke about his belief in developing experience rather than buying it. I'll have to dig up the exact quotes though and get back to you.

Why bother? What purpose does the debate serve other than to score points?

It would be a realistic signing in the short term for where we're at and probably what we can afford and an improvement on creativity. Seem to remember him him doing well against us once or twice.

Assume he's only not getting in the Norwich side because they paid a lot of money for Fer and Houghton generally plays negative stuff.

i wasn't fussed until i read the norwich boards, they really rate him

if we can get the right deal then id take him at the moment

One poster on the Norwich boards also referred to Lambert as 'The Messiah' and said they should get £6 million for Hoolahan because 'Lerner is loaded'.

They clearly don't know what they're on about  :P

That aside though, I do think he would improve our team, at least until the summer when we can hopefully get someone else in.

Because SIT wanted clarifcation on what PL said? If you view a critical analysis of Lambert's project as 'point-scoring' then that is your problem.

James nursery, Norwich fan & midlands football reporter for the mirror says the only way this will happen is if hoolahan forces the move as Norwich won't sell him

Difficult move this is going to be, and won't be done soon

I think Hoolahan will push this move. PL knows it hence why he's going after him. Norwich first said Lambert wasn't going to be appointed, he was, they then said we weren't getting any of the backroom staff, we did, they then stated Steer would cost us a fortune, he didn't. We then employed more coaches from them.  If Hoolahan wants to move to AVFC its a done deal, and I think PL is fairly certain the player wants to come hence why a bid has been made.

Edited by SikhInTrinity

Probably as much as your post (and mine) ;)

• Like 2

We will never sign another player whose name is closer to hula-hoop.

For that reason, I'm in.

You must've been delighted with Kyle Walker.
  • Like 2

Â