Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

IMO it would be a medicore signing that would sum up Lambert's transfer activity.

He'll never be a top 8 premier league standard player which should be the minimum we are aiming for when signing new players.

Is he an improvement on what we have is the question we need to ask.

I would say that is one of the questions but even if he is it doesn't mean he's the best use of the funds available,

• Like 1

IMO it would be a medicore signing that would sum up Lambert's transfer activity.

He'll never be a top 8 premier league standard player which should be the minimum we are aiming for when signing new players.

I would say that is one of the questions but even if he is it doesn't mean he's the best use of the funds available,

If the available funds are £1.5m I'd be interested to see somebody come up with a better suggestion.

• Like 1

IMO it would be a medicore signing that would sum up Lambert's transfer activity.

If the available funds are £1.5m I'd be interested to see somebody come up with a better suggestion.

That's the problem here though. No matter what happens, no matter the bad result, someone is always there to defend the manager or the policies. People are always saying this is the highest we can expect, the best player we can expect and so on. What if we relegate? Is that the highest we can expect still? Suddenly we are in League 1 alongside Coventry and someone would still say the same. In my opinion there is always better, and I am not in the position to say what is better, because my profession is something different. Being a fan though, it's OK to criticize things regarding our club and the fatal state we find ourselves in now is not acceptable. At all.

WH sums up the medicority some are accepting.

He's Wes Hoolahan, not Wes Sneijder, but he's still far and away a better creative player then anyone else in the Villa squad at the moment. He'll do a job this season.

• Like 2

Ah so you can't find a player since you're not paid by the club but can rightly judge WH because you've seen him.

Gotcha. ;)

Incorrect. I can judge WH because I've seen him and I haven't been impressed but I'm not in a position to know all players available in the world for £1.5m (if that is the value we're even shopping for) but I suspect we can buy better.

No probs Mr Kerr ;)

I'm both glad that buying him would improve our midfield immeasurably and depressed that buying him would improve our midfield immeasurably, if you see what I mean. All in favour of buying a bit of proven quality for a change though.

Edited by briny_ear
  • Like 3

That's the problem here though. No matter what happens, no matter the bad result, someone is always there to defend the manager or the policies. People are always saying this is the highest we can expect, the best player we can expect and so on. What if we relegate? Is that the highest we can expect still? Suddenly we are in League 1 alongside Coventry and someone would still say the same. In my opinion there is always better, and I am not in the position to say what is better, because my profession is something different. Being a fan though, it's OK to criticize things regarding our club and the fatal state we find ourselves in now is not acceptable. At all.

I'm not defending anyone. It was an inquiry. I'm indifferent to the manager, leaning massively towards against the ownership and I've not seen enough of the player to know exactly how good he is. But it seems to me if that's all we have to play with we'd be hard pushed to find much better.

The problem here is people putting others in boxes based on the perception we all need to take sides.

When I get paid by Aston Villa to provide a list of players worth £1.5m I'll provide you with a list. :)

In other words, you don't know if there are better players available in that price bracket.

That's all I asked.

He's Wes Hoolahan, not Wes Sneijder, but he's still far and away a better creative player then anyone else in the Villa squad at the moment. He'll do a job this season.

Exactly this. Lambert is making out he is some kind of CM magician. He will be good for the experience we need, but he is not gonna be the creative player we are looking for.

Exactly this. Lambert is making out he is some kind of CM magician. He will be good for the experience we need, but he is not gonna be the creative player we are looking for.

He did?

How many times have you seen him play? 3, maybe 4?

Â