Wes Hoolahan

LockStockVilla

When I get paid by Aston Villa to provide a list of players worth £1.5m I'll provide you with a list. :)

WH sums up the medicority some are accepting.

In other words, you don't know if there are better players available in that price bracket.

That's all I asked.

Is he a scout or something? Since when was it his job to provide you with a list of players?

I'd hope Villa employ someone to do that. Then again looking at the shite we've signed over the last few years I wouldn't bet on it.

• Like 1

Norwich fans are gutted to be losing him. Yes he's not going to trouble any of the current top 8 squads but hello we are not close to being a top 8 club at the moment. Yes he's the wrong side of 30 but if he's cheap enough tab what's to lose. We have no one that is as good as him. We are desperate for this kind of player.

Defour is a deep lying midfielder. Would improve us yes but not a number 10

Norwich fans are gutted to be losing him. Yes he's not going to trouble any of the current top 8 squads but hello we are not close to being a top 8 club at the moment. Yes he's the wrong side of 30 but if he's cheap enough tab what's to lose. We have no one that is as good as him. We are desperate for this kind of player.

Defour is a deep lying midfielder. Would improve us yes but not a number 10

Hiya!

• Like 2

When I get paid by Aston Villa to provide a list of players worth £1.5m I'll provide you with a list. :)

In other words, you don't know if there are better players available in that price bracket.

That's all I asked.

Is he a scout or something? Since when was it his job to provide you with a list of players?

I'd hope Villa employ someone to do that. Then again looking at the shite we've signed over the last few years I wouldn't bet on it.

Well tbf if you're going to moan about about a layer were linked with and then suggest you could come up with a list if you were paid to its hardly a ridiculous request is it?

Fact is you cant get anything for 1.5m really, at that kind of money and the measly wages he'd be on he'd be a decent signing imo.

That's all I asked.

In his original post he stated that we could do better. I asked what that "better" was. I don't think I was being unreasonable.

I'm somehow now an apologiser for a manager I'm not exactly a fan of. This forum loses it's head at times.

• Like 1

Here's a Youtube video of him if anyone wants to watch it.

Guys don't underestimate Hoolahan. He's a good player. 31 years old or not, how old was Robbie Keane when he came here on loan? He was 31. He was a class above everyone else.

To be fair if he was any good he wouldn't be 1.5 million. One of the most average player video's I have ever seen. When I watch a you clip of a player there's usually something impressive about them. He shows nothing any average Premiership footballer should already be showing. A couple of passes does not make a creative midfielder in my books.

Although yeah he looks better than what we have at the moment!

To be fair if he was any good he wouldn't be 1.5 million. One of the most average player video's I have ever seen. When I watch a you clip of a player there's usually something impressive about them. He shows nothing any average Premiership footballer should already be showing. A couple of passes does not make a creative midfielder in my books.

You've watched him play a few times then?

Why is it quite so hard to get basic questions answered these days? I'm asking you because you clearly know more about the player than me and I'm interested in having a conversation about him. I'm hoping you're not basing your opinion on YouTube clips for my benefit.

Sorry but Wes Hoolahan is no Robbie Keane. Just another lower league quality player to add to all the others. We are a sinking ship with this squad.

Nonsense, its experience.

Vlaar is an average defender but his experience alone makes us look a lot better, it shouldn’t be underestimated.

Sorry but Wes Hoolahan is no Robbie Keane. Just another lower league quality player to add to all the others. We are a sinking ship with this squad.

Nonsense, its experience.

Vlaar is an average defender but his experience alone makes us look a lot better, it shouldn’t be underestimated.

Hence our defeats to Sheffield Utd, Millwall, Bradford etc.... Same with Forest against WHU. We need to forget about any more 20-21 year olds for now. Two or three players in their late 20's / early 30's will work wonders on the whole squad IMHO.

Well for one, we don't know if he's 1.5 million. That's what we're allegedly bidding. Secondly, his price is low because he's older and because he's not playing for Norwich at the moment (through no fault of his own IMO). He was great under PL at Norwich and for the (again) alleged price he is exactly what we need.

Â