What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Just now, AVFC_Hitz said:

Quite the aggressive chopping board.

God knows how many years old it is. Someone bought it for us as part of some set one Christmas as we’ve had it ever since.

I never realised it before, but it’s probably the reason i’m overweight. 

First the grater, now this. I need a lie down.

• Haha 1

• 2 weeks later...

The slightly colder weather today has triggered some sort of winter hibernation feeding mode. I’ve had two breakfasts, peanut butter on toast and porridge with bananas, blueberries, almonds and linseed, a load of fruit and now I’m onto my leftover mango chicken curry 😋 

Some people say fruit doesn’t belong in savoury foods, but it’s 👌🏻 in this curry. 

2DBD47C2-48DC-4E11-8175-01CF97968749.jpeg

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

Since Monday evening its been nothing but a small risotto and perhaps a few litre of vanilla custard.

Had three wisdom teeth out and it seems the extraction has pulled any sensibility in regards to my dietary needs and what's good for me there. 

Had the first BBQ of the year and christened our new patio set to boot. 

Was a close thing though, if our neighbours hadn't got a door literally 1cm bigger than ours we wouldn't have got the outdoor sofa in the garden!

• 3 weeks later...

I think this is a reoccurring post from me. First home-grown spuds of the season with three different seasoned pickled herring.

Midsummer on Friday, drinking shall commence. 🇸🇪:cheers:

0d4RL3q.png

• Like 3

On 30/06/2022 at 12:34, Follyfoot said:

image.jpeg.69a3fdacff30822090db3cd984f85767.jpegnice

Where are they from? The Mrs will go mad for these. They can be her snack food just before giving birth. 

31 minutes ago, Wezbid said:

Where are they from? The Mrs will go mad for these. They can be her snack food just before giving birth. 

Home Bargains seem to stock them and good luck with the birth !!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...

Went to wall 2 wall in kiddy tonight, it's an Indian tapas place 

Really impressed with it, between 3 of us we had 5 things and drinks for about £60 

Stand out was the chicken pakora, never seen it done like this before, they did it more like KFC style chicken tenders in a spiced pakora batter, incredible things, the concept of it would probably make gandhi violent but I think it's the best pakora I've ever had 

• Like 1

Yaaaassss!!! The Baked In Brick Bakehouse in Sutton Coldfield is finally open!!!!

Feast your eyes and weep with wonder:

IMG_20220728_185218_(1080_x_1440_pixel).thumb.jpg.a09f286a3fdf9d9f3ec2b8afda166035.jpg

Edit: it was a BBQ steak burger. And they weren't kidding, it literally had steak in it. Just superb.

Edited by Lichfield Dean
Yumminess
  • Like 3

Going through the horde that I brought back from the UK

Me and the wife did a blind taste test with caramel chocolate, cadburys, milka and galaxy, I knew the shapes of each bar so kind of cheated whereas she'd never eaten galaxy before - both of us had galaxy as the best, I then had cadburys 2nd and milka 3rd whereas she had it the wrong way round, she's convinced milka is the best chocolate (it's not) but the caramel filling in theirs was the worst, also picked up their 2 mystery flavours 

I had a katsu chicken pot noodle, I'm no katsu expert but I've eaten enough of it to know that that's not it, it tasted like they had some left over chicken curry flavour chucked an extra herb in there to slightly and only slightly change the taste and sell it as a special, its not even as good as the bog standard chicken curry, got a Thai curry one and a nissin katsu one to try 

Currently sat eating walkers sensations pork and apple, really good, the apple hits strong straight away and then the pork slowly comes through, the apple might put some off, it's surprising how apple-y they are, would definitely recommend them

Last night we had a new schwartz sauce packet mix, wok it bbq chicken sizzler, did it with sausages and red peppers, that was also very good, would say it wasn't a million miles away from curry wurst sauce which isn't a bad thing, got a bbq loaded fries one up next 

• Like 1

Â