What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

37 minutes ago, Tegis said:

8ky97f.jpg

I lived there for 11 months, nearly 20 years ago. My Swedish was bad then and basically non-existent now (apart from words which sound like rude words in English: bra, slut etc).

I have no idea what this means and Google translate is saying "rag donut with bottle". Which I suspect is wrong, but having met Swedish people, part of me thinks it might not be.

Posted (edited)
7 minutes ago, Rds1983 said:

"rag donut with bottle". Which I suspect is wrong, but having met Swedish people, part of me thinks it might not be.

:lol:

It's a potato pancake with salted pork (or bacon) and lingonberries

Potato-pancakes-280-2597.jpg

Edited by Tegis
  • Like 2

My German in laws first ever trip to England so I'm wolfing stuff down

They had fish and chips peas curry and gravy side, I walked in the place (catchems end Bewdley) and it was first cut of a chicken tikka kebab which to me is a red rag to a bull, it was banging, from the little bit I tried the fish was spot on chips were good, not sure where £9.25 for a fish £3.95 for a chips and £1.50 for a peas happened though

Last night curry, got a sagwalla which was alright, CTM which was of course spot on, a pasanda which was good going, some balti house special cheese curry which is my wife's favourite which is OK, keema naan which surprisingly none of them liked, peschwari which was great for 1 bite but then too much, masala fries which were terrible 

Both mornings bacon egg cathedral city cheese sandwich 

Today a big slab of bread pudding from bridgnorth market which was awesome, about to open some scratchings from the same market 

Only one Tesco meal deal so I'm doing well

Slab of old Jamaica, really struggling to find mini egg chocolate bars though which is what I came for 

Had a carvary tonight with the father law cos nothing was talking to me on the menu, it was alright nothing better, got a full roast tomorrow at my mom's to complete the English menu set, might squeeze a full English at brum airpirt spoons Monday morning

Not a lot new in the shops 

• Shocked 2

Chicken roast dinner - roasties, stuffing, carrot and swede mash, parsnips, broccoli, cabbage, green beans and leeks. 

I’ve just heard there is an Angel Delight butterscotch flavoured ice cream in the stores

unless they can come up with a ham and cheese toast topper flavoured ice cream I think we’ve just reached peak food 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

I’ve just heard there is an Angel Delight butterscotch flavoured ice cream in the stores

unless they can come up with a ham and cheese toast topper flavoured ice cream I think we’ve just reached peak food 

Angel Delight Butterscotch is the best, absolutely hands down.

I now have a hankering! 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Angel Delight Butterscotch is the best, absolutely hands down.

I now have a hankering! 

Butterscotch Angel delight day was the best day ever as a kid. Especially when mum had enough money to slice some banana on top. I’m off to buy some now and see if it’s still as good. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

giphy.gif?cid=6c09b9522w8c3ykc1grpg2exjl

I've either been sent the wrong curry or it's a really shit one.  Meant to be chicken phall but it's like chicken in chopped tomatoes with a hint of pepper.  I wonder if someone else is about to be pleasantly surprised by my phall.

18 minutes ago, choffer said:

Butterscotch Angel delight day was the best day ever as a kid. Especially when mum had enough money to slice some banana on top. I’m off to buy some now and see if it’s still as good. 

The other flavour ice cream they launched is angel delight banana , you might have a tough choice ahead of you 😀

• 3 weeks later...
On 31/01/2024 at 18:51, Follyfoot said:

The Mrs started ordering those gusto boxes at the start of January.

Got to say, I’m quite impressed as it takes the thought out of sourcing a meal each day a lot of quality, concoctions and recipes. No idea how it compares to actually sourcing the same at the supermarket price wise but seems a much easier way to go about things and healthier.

Yep, they are brilliant. It’s the lack of waste and portion sizes that do it for me, that’s where the money saving is. For example you need 200g of mince for a recipe, can you buy 200g can you shite, so you either have mince going to waste, make two meals out of it or cook it all anyway therefore over eating. With Gousto (and their competitors) you get just the right amount of food. There also loads of room in the fridge now for essentials like beer :D 

I think in three months I’ve rated 2 meals 3* and he rest have been 4* or 5*

Theres absolutely no way I was paying £50 for 5 days food before this, more like £70-£90

And the not having to go to the shops apart from a small shop on a Sat morning is also a huge bonus for me.

My diet is also far more varied now than its ever been

It’s really one of the best things we've done domestically ever.

• Like 1

On 29/03/2024 at 21:04, chrisp65 said:

Lamb koftas, yogurt, pitta, couscous at Cafe Piano in Worcester. Really good food, and a spectacularly rare event, more food than I could finish.

If I had one tiny criticism, the piano was really loud.

But it’s their forte

(blame Sid he started it from the shed)

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

Â