What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Red Leicester 

Damn you covid it's been a long two years 

Also trying the new walkers sensation cracker type things, lime pickle flavour, nails the flavour and the heat, little on the crunchy side and I'd prefer it as a crisp but they're really good, loads of flavour 

• 2 weeks later...
6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Roysters T-Bone Steak Bubbled Chips are a mighty fine packet of Crisps

Second only (imho) to brannigans roast beef and mustard crisps

• Like 2

I know America hating is trendy and boring, but honestly American chocolate is awful. Even the American versions of European chocolate, or American versions of chocolate available in Europe like snickers or Mars or whatever. It’s full of that anti melt stuff that both makes it taste awful and means it doesn’t melt in your mouth. Every time any of us at work goes back to the UK the demand is always to bring back any European chocolate.

Anyway, for dinner tonight I made miso steak kebabs. Bought some nice rib eye steaks, chopped them up into cubes, slathered them in miso paste and left them overnight, skewered them then threw them on the bbq. Served with a medley of roasted veggies (aubergine, peppers, mushrooms, onion and pear (the sweetness of the pear is amazing with the miso)) seasoned with smoked paprika, onion powder, garlic powder, pepper, salt and thyme, and then a fattoush, hummus and flat breads (I’m a sucker for Arabic food). Veggie and kebab recipe courtesy of DJ BBQ, who’s a nutter but his recipes are legit. 

• Like 1

On 22/04/2022 at 13:32, sidcow said:

Roysters T-Bone Steak Bubbled Chips are a mighty fine packet of Crisps

They are but they aren't what they used to be, there seems less flavour these days

Anyway for me its all about Twisted Cheetos Flamin Hot these days

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, bickster said:

Anyway for me its all about Twisted Cheetos Flamin Hot these days

I've had a good look this week and I can't find anywhere selling the proper original crunchy Cheetos, love them

Wotsits are apparently doing them now too but can't find them either 

4 hours ago, villa4europe said:

I've had a good look this week and I can't find anywhere selling the proper original crunchy Cheetos, love them

Wotsits are apparently doing them now too but can't find them either 

Try a couple of corner shops. The ones round me all do the twisted hot Cheetos and various flavours of the crunchy ones.

• Like 1

5 hours ago, bickster said:

They are but they aren't what they used to be, there seems less flavour these days

I strongly suspect that’s due to a reduction in salt content. Salt is an amazing flavour enhancer but the push to reduce salt has reduced the perceived taste in so many processed foods that had previously had a ‘fixed’ taste for years.

I do most of my household’s cooking, usually from scratch rather than pre-prepared or processed foods, but if I reduce the salt, I soon get comments like ‘it’s nice but not as good as the same meal you cooked couple of weeks ago’. Two weeks later I’ll cook it again with slightly more salt and get ‘that’s better’ comments.

• Like 2

I'm a big marmite fan (don't judge me !) and I just bought a jar of their new twist. Now I've no idea what truffles taste like as I am poor scum (perhaps @Xela can advise ? 😉) but I'm a bit meh about it. £4.50 a jar too !

Screenshot_20220505-135413_eBay.jpg

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...

A frippin mahoosive doorstop sandwich. Mrs Sidcow even commented on how enormous mine was. 

Made with beautiful English bread handbaked this morning at Smithtons Food market at Sharmans Cross, Shirley, an easy walk from my house. 

I have to say the bread was amazing. Had to look away from the cakes and pastries though.... Oh my. 

Edited by sidcow

38 minutes ago, sidcow said:

A frippin mahoosive doorstop sandwich. Mrs Sidcow even commented on how enormous mine was. 

Made with beautiful English bread handbaked this morning at Smithtons Food market at Sharmans Cross, Shirley, an easy walk from my house. 

I have to say the bread was amazing. Had to look away from the cakes and pastries though.... Oh my. 

images (2).jpeg

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Just preparing a bit of cheese on toast B) 

DDFF7-CBB-886-D-49-E1-BB94-C34-CA4-B2-C5

OMG. How did you prepare those even sized perfectly sliced portions of cheese?

• Like 1

Â