What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

26 minutes ago, Xela said:

A maccies double sausage and egg mcmuffin this morning. It was epic. 

I don’t eat maccies any more, but I do make the exception for these beauties. Usually get two doubles, both as meals so I can have coffee, OJ and two hash browns. 😋

• Like 1

1 minute ago, It's Your Round said:

I don’t eat maccies any more, but I do make the exception for these beauties. Usually get two doubles, both as meals so I can have coffee, OJ and two hash browns. 😋

Been a while since I've had one - pre-pandemic I think. Wasn't planned but was walking past one this morning at 10am and wandered in. Did think about having a second one but my belt is already at breaking point! 

1 minute ago, Xela said:

Been a while since I've had one - pre-pandemic I think. Wasn't planned but was walking past one this morning at 10am and wandered in. Did think about having a second one but my belt is already at breaking point! 

That’s my issue now I’m into my 40’s, can’t just eat anything and everything any more. Gotta pick and choose my excesses carefully :(

On 29/07/2022 at 17:11, villa4europe said:

Did the cadburys mystery bar 01

Terrible, its like they've nailed disgusting as a flavour

Not a clue what it is and there's not much online giving it away, my guess would be blueberry popcorn cream 

We tried one and two today 

One (I think)  reminded me of those raspberry ruffle bars , flavour wise , not texture 

Two , dunno,  something a bit tropical tasting but not pineapple as they’ve already launched that the other week 

• 2 weeks later...

In an attempt to lower my blood sugar levels I have just bought a "loaf" of pumpernickel bread. 

I am a bread addict and apparently pumpernickel is probably the best for lowering all manner of high levels of everything, so I've knocked all bread on the head and tried said german type.

Am really not sure about it. Dark, strong flavour, dense.....about 6 slices for £3....like malt loaf without the fruit bit. 

Think this might be a one off. Have any other VTers tried it and what do they recommend putting on it ?

The fact that it's name loosely translates to "devil fart" doesn't help.

Edited by mottaloo

21 hours ago, mottaloo said:

In an attempt to lower my blood sugar levels I have just bought a "loaf" of pumpernickel bread. 

I am a bread addict and apparently pumpernickel is probably the best for lowering all manner of high levels of everything, so I've knocked all bread on the head and tried said german type.

Am really not sure about it. Dark, strong flavour, dense.....about 6 slices for £3....like malt loaf without the fruit bit. 

Think this might be a one off. Have any other VTers tried it and what do they recommend putting on it ?

The fact that it's name loosely translates to "devil fart" doesn't help.

It's a nice breakfast bread. Open sandwiches and what not. I wouldn't be making packed lunches or mopping up soup with it.

Edited by AVFC_Hitz
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

It's a nice breakfast bread. Open sandwiches and what not. I wouldn't be making packed lunches or mopping up soup with it.

Sounds right. I made the mistake of eating the first slice dry and it didn't make a good impression on me, but some cottage cheese or peanut butter - or even just butter - made it more appealing. 

Definitely NOT the best bread for packed lunches....open sandwiches at best, like you say. 

On 29/07/2022 at 17:11, villa4europe said:

Did the cadburys mystery bar 01

Terrible, its like they've nailed disgusting as a flavour

Not a clue what it is and there's not much online giving it away, my guess would be blueberry popcorn cream 

On 08/08/2022 at 20:16, tonyh29 said:

We tried one and two today 

One (I think)  reminded me of those raspberry ruffle bars , flavour wise , not texture 

Two , dunno,  something a bit tropical tasting but not pineapple as they’ve already launched that the other week 

Just tried 1.  It's familiar but I can't put my finger on it, maybe Nutella or something.

44 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Wotsits crunchy

Disappointing, I love proper cheetos but they aren't easy to get, the Wotsits aren't as cheesy or have as much flavour 

ohh free market research , I'll let them know :) 

Tell them not to stop them! I love that style of crisp and prefer them to regular wotsits 

They just didn't have that offensive to other people strong smell and taste that cheetos or nik naks have

Not sure why cheetos seem to be trying to do anything other than their crispy cheese version, they're top tier 

its not that big a product in the UK so the consumer testing is mainly carried out in Spain and the NL  ... you might be getting a product based on feedback from those awful foreign peoples taste buds  :) 

• Like 1

Bit of a boring one but I toasted some bread under the grill as opposed to the toaster (like some of us did back in the day) and I got to say it looks and tastes so much better done that way.

Have to keep checking it, sure..and it might take longer but it was a proper old skool treat, piled on a load of baked beans and chilli flakes 😃

13 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

its not that big a product in the UK so the consumer testing is mainly carried out in Spain and the NL  ... you might be getting a product based on feedback from those awful foreign peoples taste buds  :) 

The NL?  A country that thinks they should be peanut flavour... 

Â