What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

2 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Is the challenge not being annoyed about veg being served in wire cages and not actually having a plate? 

What look like frozen Yorkshire puddings, potatoes clearly not crispy and the veg appears to have all been steamed/boiled with no effort made to impart flavour. This is why I barely ever have a roast out.

On 16/10/2022 at 11:37, rjw63 said:

I did, but everything else was done so I made do, still tasted good

Potatoes ?? I was about to comment that pineapple belonged on a pizza not a fry up !

• Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Rds1983 said:
Is the challenge not being annoyed about veg being served in wire cages and not actually having a plate? 

3 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

ps they must be losing a lot of money!

Pretty soon they won't have a pot to peas in.

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

🤔 Anyone with a good appetite could eat that surely.

The challenge is gravy on a wooden board.

8 hours ago, ferguson1 said:

Do we think this is a starter course though? If so, no complaints from me 😁

ps they must be losing a lot of money!

They're having to sell the crockery to pay for it. 

• Haha 1

went to Popeyes yesterday after hearing good things about it, 20th biggest fast-food chain in the states, supposedly better than KFC...

See the source image

was really bland, its a shame because it was really crispy and crunchy and a good piece of chicken, it just didnt come with the herbs and spices or even sauce 

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I’m in Digbeth for work. Any suggestions for a place for a late curry (talking post 10/11pm)? Doesn’t necessarily have to be Digbeth but it’ll be a stop in before driving south. 

Not really aware of many curry houses up town tbh. There's Indian Streatery which is on Bennett's Hill or Mowgli in Grand Central but both would be about a 20 minute walk. 

You could walk to Hurst Street (10ish minute walk depending what part of Digbeth you're in & go to Chinatown). Topokki is a great Korean and I'd imagine you wouldn't be in there for a particularly long time. Guess you could have katsu if you really wanted a curry!

• Like 1

• 5 weeks later...

Had my first desi mixed grill in an age last week @mottaloo. At the Keg n Grill at the back of the Mailbox. I was too many pints into the night to take pics so I guess i'd better GTFO! Between us (7) we had 3x mixed grills, 5x curries and too much rice and naan bread! 

Here is a stock picture to set the scene;

AF1-Qip-MS4-NB8-Tda-E5p-Jav-QYQ7z-FERGTK

• Like 2

42 minutes ago, Xela said:

Had my first desi mixed grill in an age last week @mottaloo. At the Keg n Grill at the back of the Mailbox. I was too many pints into the night to take pics so I guess i'd better GTFO! Between us (7) we had 3x mixed grills, 5x curries and too much rice and naan bread! 

Here is a stock picture to set the scene;

AF1-Qip-MS4-NB8-Tda-E5p-Jav-QYQ7z-FERGTK

That looks amazing, well done laddie !

no-doubt-doubtless.gif

Edited by mottaloo

On 21/10/2022 at 13:20, Spoony said:

I’m in Digbeth for work. Any suggestions for a place for a late curry (talking post 10/11pm)? Doesn’t necessarily have to be Digbeth but it’ll be a stop in before driving south. 

Vile not allowed in Digbeth, it’s the danger zone. Get back to the Shires mate. Lulus is going to get ya

Edited by Follyfoot
  • Haha 1

I went sea fishing for the first time last night and caught a few squid. I love cooking but tonight with be the first time I’ve ever cooked something that I’ve caught myself. Going with a Steak as well for a kind of surf and turf. 

Unfortunately this was also the first time I’ve ever prepared fresh squid so I need to clean the kitchen and have a shower before the Mrs gets home because the I, and the kitchen is covered in ink 🤣

Edited by av1

That time of year again for the bastardised version of a thanksgiving meal

Turkey breast, green bean casserole, roasted potatoes (in laws don't like sweet potato) yorkshire pudding (blame the wife...) 2 types of stuffing and some bisto southern fried chicken gravy

With the stuffing, breadcrumbs on top of the beans and flour laden instant gravy it is way too heavy, it's missing good veg, not a clue how the yanks then eat it with bread rolls too

Also did the proper sweet potato with marshmallow years ago and never again, first mouthful is incredible, 2nd is past the point of too much, not sure I've eaten anything else where my pinion changed so fast

‘No-Duck’ Donburi from the Wagamama cookbook. It’s the second time I’ve made it and I’m not ashamed to say it’s better than what they serve in their restaurant 😋 I used Linda McCartney’s veggie hoisin duck, it’s not quite as good as the Dopsu stuff but it works. 

701D9707-F389-471E-9D76-F8489D1D3C20.jpeg

• Like 4

Had our Christmas meal at Dishoom in Birmingham last night. Going in hard with a bold statement here and remember if you disagree, this is me talking about me. It was by far and a large margin the best Indian food I have ever ate. It was phenomenal. So thanks to whoever recommended it, will be back there  soon I think. 

• Like 1

Â