What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

Noticed Mrs Sidcow had bought some thinly sliced beef for sarnies. 

Had to pop into Tesco yesterday. Looked for some wholegrain mustard as I know the one we had in the fridge has been open for ages. 

They only had own brand in stock..... I should have known better. 

Opened it up, there appeared to be a few specs of what I assume are mustard grains swimming around in a gelatinous brown sludge. When eating it I started to wonder if they actually were mustard grains or actually tiny pieces of grit. 

How's it possible to make such an awful product. I didn't even look at the price but if it was 10p it wasn't worth it. 

Who buys that shit? Who's it for? No one HAS to have wholegrain mustard, it's really just a nice little extra to have, why pay "less" or indeed anything for a treat that's just shit.  Never again. 

Edited by sidcow

Just made the kids a Yorkshire pudding wrap ….. homemade Yorkshire pudding on a large rectangle tray then flattened it out with the back of a spoon ,thin sliced sirloin spread over along with peas , carrots, cauliflower and broccoli with a drizzle of super thick gravy , salt, black and white pepper wrapped it up which was a bit tricky then cut it in half . I was hoping they would leave a bit for me to try but not a scrap left !

• Like 4

15 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Nik Naks are the oddest crisp style snack. 

Genuinely can't work out if I love them or they revolt me.  It's bizarre. 

They're one of my favourites, said a few pages back I recently tried the new wotsit cheese flavour nik nak style crisp and I love that style

Fun fact which I've never ever bothered to check... Back when I worked in the food industry there was a rumour and laugh about the nik nak workers demanded that they get paid more money when working on the scampi crisps - they are something special and might be interesting - people's opinions on scampi fries? I love them 

18 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

They're one of my favourites, said a few pages back I recently tried the new wotsit cheese flavour nik nak style crisp and I love that style

Fun fact which I've never ever bothered to check... Back when I worked in the food industry there was a rumour and laugh about the nik nak workers demanded that they get paid more money when working on the scampi crisps - they are something special and might be interesting - people's opinions on scampi fries? I love them 

Scampi fries? Got to be in the mood and it's a good job the bags are tiny. 

After falling in love with Basque pintxos bars in the summer, I’ve discovered the Japanese equivalent, the izakaya. There’s a great little place in Oslo that deserves the most delicious pork belly slices, combined with e.g. a plate of mushrooms tempura with chili mayo, gyoza dumplings and a couple of seafood dishes, washed down with a light Japanese lager. Lovely. 

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

i do like scampi fries and scampi and lemon nik naks. 

I'm in the yes camp when it comes to nik naks. One of the better corn snacks. 

• Like 1

Had to use up some left over chicken so I made a chicken and mushroom madras, with lashings of madras strength curry powder, mustard seeds, base gravy, hot chilli powder, lemon juice AND a healthy sprinkling of cayenne pepper just in case.

It's enough to make Prince Andrew sweat 😉

20220919_150813.jpg

Edited by mottaloo
  • Like 4

19 hours ago, villa4europe said:

We used to call them sweaty fanny flavour at school for some reason

• 3 weeks later...
On 08/08/2022 at 20:16, tonyh29 said:

We tried one and two today 

One (I think)  reminded me of those raspberry ruffle bars , flavour wise , not texture 

Two , dunno,  something a bit tropical tasting but not pineapple as they’ve already launched that the other week 

Flavours have been revealed 

Rhubarb and Custard, while the second is Blue Raspberry Slushie.

I was close on one , not sure if I’d call rhubarb and custard tropical though for the other  :) 

Â