What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

6 hours ago, sidcow said:

Went to a Beefeater last night. 

I'm never going to moan about Miller and Carter being overpriced tat again. 

Was it the 1980s? :) 

Did you have prawn cocktail - sirloin steak - black forest gateau?

• Haha 2

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

Was it the 1980s? :) 

Did you have prawn cocktail - sirloin steak - black forest gateau?

I did have a truly awful Sirloin Steak. The pud was actually pretty good, waffles with dark cherry compote and vanilla ice cream. 

Unfortunately Mrs Sidcow tripped over her puffball skirt on the way out but her shoulder pads softened the blow. 

• Haha 3

3 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I did have a truly awful Sirloin Steak. The pud was actually pretty good, waffles with dark cherry compote and vanilla ice cream. 

Unfortunately Mrs Sidcow tripped over her puffball skirt on the way out but her shoulder pads softened the blow. 

As long as you danced it off at the Rum Runner afterwards then all is well! 

• 2 weeks later...

In Holland a few days, a country well regarded for its cuisine... 

Yesterday was chips with sate sauce which to be fair to them is actually brilliant, also popped in McDonald's and got a mckroket which was a beef kroket (like a potato croquette with small beef chunks in it) on the same bun from a mcmenu beef burger and some honey mustard sauce, was OK but expensive (3.50€, should be a 1€ mcmenu item) so wouldn't have it again 

Today was dutch apple cookies, I love them and then just had a Chinese from a Dutch Chinese surinamese... Which I don't understand how that works or the history connection of it all... But it was a contender for best Chinese I've ever had, char siu pork, satay skewers, bami goreng and a spring roll which was the size of a subway sandwich 

Edit - and I picked up some special edition lays crisps, mayo flavour

Edited by villa4europe
  • Like 1

14 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Yesterday was chips with sate sauce which to be fair to them is actually brilliant, also popped in McDonald's and got a mckroket which was a beef kroket (like a potato croquette with small beef chunks in it) on the same bun from a mcmenu beef burger and some honey mustard sauce, was OK but expensive (3.50€, should be a 1€ mcmenu item) so wouldn't have it again 

Today was dutch apple cookies, I love them and then just had a Chinese from a Dutch Chinese surinamese... Which I don't understand how that works or the history connection of it all... But it was a contender for best Chinese I've ever had, char siu pork, satay skewers, bami goreng and a spring roll which was the size of a subway sandwich 

How are you not quadraspazzed on a lifeglug?

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, AVFC_Hitz said:

How are you not quadraspazzed on a lifeglug?

I'm close... But also thankful I don't have any chocolate 😂

Had a 3 course hotel breakfast this morning too, forgot to say I discovered dutch sugar bread which I would say it as close to a cinnabon as I've ever found

Dutch cuisine isn't as bad as I thought 

On 25/08/2022 at 19:18, mottaloo said:

Bit of a boring one but I toasted some bread under the grill as opposed to the toaster (like some of us did back in the day) and I got to say it looks and tastes so much better done that way.

Have to keep checking it, sure..and it might take longer but it was a proper old skool treat, piled on a load of baked beans and chilli flakes 😃

Modern rubbish, the best toast is made on an open coal fire like what I always used to do at my Granddads. Electrickery ruins toast (as does sliced bread)

One of lifes simple pleasures as kid was sitting front of the fire with a doorstep piece of toast on a toasting fork and then spready salty welsh butter on it. I remember that taste even now and it's probably 40 years since i last did it

• Like 1

As I had it this morning I actually really like hotel toast... You know the type that's dry and near stale the minute they put it out, goes through that terrible machine that takes a life time to shade it slightly beyond white and then the butter in the tiny plastic tubs that doesn't melt because its already gone cold 

Love it

50 minutes ago, Talldarkandransome said:

Just had Nandos whilst embracing the opaque

Explains a lot

Was it a 'cheeky' Nandos? Or a normal one? 

This year’s chili harvest has been very good, so tonight we had a slow cooked tikka masala turkey leg with naan, raita, mango salad and pilau rice. It was hot to the point where it was almost too hot, but the sweet cashew/coconut milk sauce that had been simmering with the masala blend for 6 hours made it so nice. I’ve prepped Ring of Fire with Johnny Cash on the speaker in the bathroom tomorrow morning whoever goes in first..

ALEXA PLAY RING OF FIRE BY JOHNNY CASH!

• Like 4

So our bread had turned mouldy, what was I to do with my bacon?

Missus suggested using a croissant instead, so I just had croissant and bacon and 30 mins after eating it I’m still not sure if I enjoyed it or not.

Prob didn’t help that it was a cheap frozen croissant.

18 hours ago, villa4europe said:

If you’re going to try a croquette out there go to a Febo (fast food place). 

You can get them out of vending machines and they’re absolutely banging.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

Don't think I'll have time I'm now out of the city and in schevingen 

This morning was toast with chocolate sprinkles... Thats a no from me, I like the idea of it but its not as good as Nutella which I also rarely eat anyway 

Bitterbollen is nice, basically mini croquette balls and they sell them all over the country.

Washed down with either a cold or hot chocomel (which incidentally, Morrisons here in the UK are selling by the carton and at a reasonable price now, finally).

• Like 1

31 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Bitterbollen is nice, basically mini croquette balls and they sell them all over the country.

Washed down with either a cold or hot chocomel (which incidentally, Morrisons here in the UK are selling by the carton and at a reasonable price now, finally).

Where I was just had bitterbollen but I went with a croque hawaii and was very disappointed with

Â