What you eatin' there then?

chrisp65

I've devised a new pasta sauce method that is perfect for quick weeknight preparation. 

Squeeze half a tube of tomato paste into a sauce pan and cook it on medium heat for 2 minutes. Save the water you've cooked half a package of pasta in and add half a cup of it to the paste to create a sauce. Add cracked pepper, salt, garlic powder and chili flakes. Dump the pasta in there and stir. Top with Parmigiano. 

Literally better than any fancy jarred sauce at the supermarket. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, maqroll said:

I've devised a new pasta sauce method that is perfect for quick weeknight preparation. 

Squeeze half a tube of tomato paste into a sauce pan and cook it on medium heat for 2 minutes. Save the water you've cooked half a package of pasta in and add half a cup of it to the paste to create a sauce. Add cracked pepper, salt, garlic powder and chili flakes. Dump the pasta in there and stir. Top with Parmigiano. 

Is that half a tea cup or half a sports direct mug because the difference could be about half a litre. 

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, tonyh29 said:

When I was younger I briefly worked in an Indian restaurant , it was my job to make the breads …

they were really secretive about the ingredients , so much so that they made me sign a naan disclosure agreement 

I’m sure you wouldn’t have shared their secrets anyway, would’ve been bad korma.

• Like 1

4 hours ago, maqroll said:

Sounds delicious. Good cooking really doesn’t have to be difficult. 

Add a bit of fresh basil and some diced bacon? 

43 minutes ago, El Zen said:

Sounds delicious. Good cooking really doesn’t have to be difficult. 

Add a bit of fresh basil and some diced bacon? 

If you like, but it's perfect as is!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Would make a nice side for my delicious mango chicken curry 😋

(veggie version for my lad on the left)

32BAA59E-421A-4119-B9B5-63F0A62B3287.jpeg

Nice to see there are other spice-loving cooks on here, and messier than me too :)

1 minute ago, fightoffyour said:

I’ve got nothing else to chaat about 

I was going to share these puns with a friend but he has a dodgy tikka.  They need to be fed to him in small dosas. 

• Haha 1

15 hours ago, tonyh29 said:

When I was younger I briefly worked in an Indian restaurant , it was my job to make the breads …

they were really secretive about the ingredients , so much so that they made me sign a naan disclosure agreement 

14 hours ago, fightoffyour said:

I’m sure you wouldn’t have shared their secrets anyway, would’ve been bad korma.

Yeah, you break that agreement things would get spicy. You could start to feel the heat. 

38 minutes ago, rjw63 said:

At this time of day obviously breakfast.

spacer.png

Not sure if the wife loves me for my cooking or my still-teenage-type sexdrive 😋😹😉

Did you think about frying the potatoes at any stage? 

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Did you think about frying the potatoes at any stage? 

I did, but everything else was done so I made do, still tasted good

3 hours ago, Rds1983 said:

Is the challenge not being annoyed about veg being served in wire cages and not actually having a plate? 

Do we think this is a starter course though? If so, no complaints from me 😁

ps they must be losing a lot of money!

Edited by ferguson1

Â