What is your experience of mental health?

AstonMartyn88

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

I know someone treated by that team, they are as good as they get so you are in good hands mate.

Just been an unbelievably shit year

marriage ending (that was a positive) to finding out this

I've held off saying anything, I'm just scared now

• Like 2

9 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Having a dire one as well pal quite aside from lockdown but you've just put it in perspective.

Best that you've found out and early by the sounds of it mate, totally understandable to be scared though fella anyone would be.

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

you will probably know this already, but try to only worry about what you can control and live your life expecting the best outcome.

I don't think there's a day that goes by where I don't contemplate suicide. I never do it because my siblings would struggle badly financially and emotionally but the thought is always there that there's a quick exit if I ever need it.  It's strangely reassuring yet sad at the same time.  

Then I find out about @Jimzk5 and the tumour and it breaks my heart even more knowing that there are people who want to be here but may not have a choice . It just makes me feel guilty and even more depressed.

If I could swap places with Jim I would do it in a heartbeat .

Stay strong fella.

• Like 1
  • Sad 2

1 hour ago, Brumerican said:

I don't think there's a day that goes by where I don't contemplate suicide. I never do it because my siblings would struggle badly financially and emotionally but the thought is always there that there's a quick exit if I ever need it.  It's strangely reassuring yet sad at the same time.  

Then I find out about @Jimzk5 and the tumour and it breaks my heart even more knowing that there are people who want to be here but may not have a choice . It just makes me feel guilty and even more depressed.

If I could swap places with Jim I would do it in a heartbeat .

Stay strong fella.

Stay strong yourself dude.

• Like 2

Just now, rjw63 said:

Stay strong yourself dude.

Cheers Rob . I'm good all things considered. It's actually less stressful having lost everything and stepping off the treadmill.   

A few years on Dagobah was probably what I needed to be honest.

6 minutes ago, Brumerican said:

Cheers Rob . I'm good all things considered. It's actually less stressful having lost everything and stepping off the treadmill.   

A few years on Dagobah was probably what I needed to be honest.

Do you need anything?

I'm chucking a load of Andy Mcnab books in the recycle if you like reading.

15 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Thank you all for your messages of support. It's taken me a 2 months to come to terms with it, from denial to acceptance

In short 6 months ago I went for an mri scan to look for a cause of my essential tremor, a week after I recieved another mri request under dye contrast when they inject you with a dye to show up changes, so I knew they had found something then, but I didnt hear anything until December when they sent me for another mri scan, after that my neurologist that sent me for the scans phoned me and said they found something, and the time between scans was to check for changes and didnt want to worry me by telling me 3 months ago hey weve found something, but were not seeing you for another 3 months

So my last scan was December and appointment with neurologist confirmed it, luckily the changes between scans showed it was small and slow growing, due to the location I hadnt had any symptoms (head aches, vision issues) so I'm extremely lucky to have an essential tremor, if I didnt have that they wouldn't have been a need for an MRI scan in the first place

My prognosis is good as its been found early. I'm very lucky

It's just been an incredibly draining time, last January I was in intensive care with pneumonia and could have died, I lost my job, tried to commit suicide not long after, led to the end of my marriage and then to hear this, was just ****, so depressing.

I've held it together the last few months but finally feal ready to tell people outside my immediate family, and VT is part of my family.

Image result for this too will pass

• Like 2

Â