Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, chrisp65 said:

1:30am, I had to get up and go outside to rescue a bin lid that was repeatedly banging in to the gate on the side of the house.

2:30am, I had to get up and go outside to rescue a bin that was repeatedly banging in to the gate on the side of the house.

Lol same, one of those composters that hasn't been put in yet nearly made it into next door's garden.

A number of people had to sleep on the floor of Britain's highest pub after Storm Arwen battered Yorkshire.

Twenty people, including an Oasis tribute band, were unable to leave the Tan Hill Inn in the Yorkshire Dales after being snowed in on Friday.

BBC link

I can imagine that most on VT would have been happy with that arrangement…:lol:

D’you snow what I mean?

• Like 1

Anyway, snow. Normally I'd say I quite like it, but I spent ages loading up the car with stuff to take to the tip, and by the time I was ready to go, the drive was inches deep and the road looking well dodgy. 

Still, the grandchildren are enjoying it - the eldest was in London yesterday, she'd been taken to the theatre by her (other) grandmother, to see the stage production of... Frozen. 

30 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Oh wait, I didn’t read a few posts above his and now realise he was commenting on the same story. I thought we had a VT on the news 😄 oh well.

Nah, never been to the Tan Hill. Its reputation rests entirely on being the highest pub in Britain, and the fact that one of these lock-ins happens (and generates free publicity) pretty much every winter. Friends who have been tell me the food's crap and the beer's overpriced. 

Â