Weather...

Dodgyknees

Just now, Xela said:

More of a works tradition to be honest. May have one there and then move indoors. 

It's meant to be 11 degrees tomorrow. You can go German Market in your T-shirt l

2 hours ago, NoelVilla said:

Still amazes me how many that go out on the roads when the first snow comes without changing. Many reports today about it.

I have to it's the claw, treated the same as tire tread in the UK, get pulled over for any reason and they'll check you've got them on, have an accident and not have them on and you're in trouble 

Doesn't even snow that much where I am 

32 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

I have to it's the claw, treated the same as tire tread in the UK, get pulled over for any reason and they'll check you've got them on, have an accident and not have them on and you're in trouble 

It's law here from December 1 to last March unless it's winter roads and then you need them on. Which is not uncommon in November.

37 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

spacer.png

• Haha 3

13 hours ago, sne said:

-42.5 °C in Kareusuando northern Sweden today 🥶

Don't worry, they got this!!! (I love the fact that the only landmarks at that zoom-level is a school and the state run off-licence :D )

9QQjaLU.png

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, PussEKatt said:

I would freeze to death in that weather,I put on a jumper when it gets to 12c 

It's nippy :D 

I hate the cold too but rather snow and cold than the usual 5 months of brown slush and snow that melts instantly.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, PussEKatt said:

It was 40c today FFS.No one likes 40c (well actually I know a couple of people that, the hotter it gets the more they like it.23c to 33c is my comfort zone. 

24-27c is the sweet spot for me.

2 hours ago, PussEKatt said:

No one likes 40c (well actually I know a couple of people that, the hotter it gets the more they like it

Make that 3  - I love it. Anything under about 22 I'm cold. Love the heat.

Went into a Solihull for a bit of Xmas shopping today. 

Just had my shortsleeve shirt and hoody on (undone) and I was really warm. (yes yes, plus jeans and shoes) 

Just (8.30pm) walked round the corner to drop off a Christmas card, 20 minute walk. Just had the same combo on plus a long sleeve thick(ish) shirt.  There was a very brisk wind and I still wasn't cold. 

It's Christmas in less than 2 weeks for gawds sake. In a wind like that after dark I should have needed the winter coat in addition plus wooly hat, gloves and scarf. 

16 hours ago, sidcow said:

It's Christmas in less than 2 weeks for gawds sake. In a wind like that after dark I should have needed the winter coat in addition plus wooly hat, gloves and scarf. 

A new verse for "Mad dogs and Englishmen"perhaps ?!

• Like 1

Â