Weather...

Dodgyknees

3 minutes ago, bickster said:

You've clearly never stood on the platform at Bolton Station

Funnily enough I went to our last game at Bolton. I didn't stand on the Railway platform because I drove up but I do recall it was so hot that the tarmac on the pavement was melting as I walked to the ground. 

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Funnily enough I went to our last game at Bolton. I didn't stand on the Railway platform because I drove up but I do recall it was so hot that the tarmac on the pavement was melting as I walked to the ground. 

I was once there waiting for a train to Blackburn on a Sunday for over an hour

It was so cold I went up to street level to get a warm in the arctic wind

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, sidcow said:

My road is lined with Cherry Trees.

Today is 11 January, there are currently 2 of them in blossom.   

giphy.gif

Good selection of gif. Anything with Bernie Mac will be welcomed. My favourite ever comedian. 

• 1 month later...

I've got a tree surgeon coming on Friday to take down 2 conifers and give the apple tree a haircut. 

I called him yesterday to say I assume he wouldn't be coming because of the weather forecast.  He said no, it would be fine and is still going to do the job Friday 😟

Luckily, the roofer finished our roof repairs today bout 1600 just before the wind came. Bits and pieces were coming of with the lighter winds we had I think 2 weeks ago.

Just found my wheelie on next doors drive, luckily the side of their car stopped it gong any further 🤐

1 hour ago, Wainy316 said:

Friday is looking brutal 

I don’t think I’ve seen a weather warning like this before 

Amber warning of wind

Starts: 03:00 GMT on Fri 18 February

Ends: 21:00 GMT on Fri 18 February

Storm Eunice may cause significant disruption due to extremely strong winds on Friday. - There is a good chance that flying debris could result in a danger to life - Damage to buildings and homes is likely, with roofs blown off and power lines brought down - Roads, bridges and railway lines are likely to close, with delays and cancellations to bus, train, ferry services and flights - There is a good chance that power cuts, possibly prolonged, could occur and possibly affect other services, such as mobile phone coverage - Large waves are likely and beach material is likely to be thrown onto sea fronts, coastal roads and properties - It is likely there will be falling branches and some uprooted trees

• Shocked 1

I was driving in Tennessee, place called Cades cove, near Dollywood, in the Appalachians, about 20 years ago. A twister/tornado crossed the road in front of my car. Tore out trees , rained marble sized hailstones down on us. Scared the shit out of us. Park Rangers came in with chainsaws to clear the roads of large fallen trees. Got back to the hotel, turns out 3 twisters had come through the area. The power of nature can be terrifying.

22 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

First question I have is how bad does it have to be to be a red wind warning?

It must be something like weather that will kill you. That’s the logical step up from a chance of danger to life.

Its strangely quiet today between the 2 storms.

Wasn't confident about driving my motorhome to Moreton in the marsh tomorrow. It's fairly sensitive driving in mild wind, 60 mph and I will be fighting it's lane discipline. Cancelled this weekend as a result. 

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, Genie said:

It must be something like weather that will kill you. That’s the logical step up from a chance of danger to life.

Its strangely quiet today between the 2 storms.

Someone should coin a phrase for that period of quite before a storm hits :D

• Like 1

Just now, sidcow said:

Someone should coin a phrase for that period of quite before a storm hits :D

The short calm period after a storm has passed through but don’t be too complacent as there’s another storm coming in about 24 hours which threatens to be even worse?

I like it, it’s catchy.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Wonder if the weather will affect the Villa game on Saturday, could certainly make it tricky for those of us travelling long distance.

Saturdays weather forecast  looks “normal” again. I think it’ll be ok (unless travelling on Friday).

Â