Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, Rugeley Villa said:

As soon as it started coming down heavy I took the dogs out for an hour and half on the outskirts of Cannock chase. Very nice walk indeed. The dogs are both flat out snoring their heads off .

Phew, the locals were happy it wasn’t balmy then, and the bush wasn’t required. 😬

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, Rugeley Villa said:

Well  haven’t you had all your windows boarded up and your door spray painted to warn people you have the pox 😉

Maybe... 

5 hours ago, mjmooney said:

Nah, never been to the Tan Hill. Its reputation rests entirely on being the highest pub in Britain, and the fact that one of these lock-ins happens (and generates free publicity) pretty much every winter. Friends who have been tell me the food's crap and the beer's overpriced. 

It used to be alright there tbh but that was a long time ago, like 25 yearsish. Four poster beds, roaring fire, an amusing parrot and a bar that really didn't observe closing time

Just now, bickster said:

Yes but Rugeley's School of Heavy Rock is open

It would be bicks if the missus got out of bed and came and lay on the sofa instead. She’s bedridden with Covid so  down in the dumps. I’m off because of the weather . I rarely watch tv , so today would be a good day to get through some of my LPs I haven’t played . 

Crikey it's cold out there.  Been to the Churchyard market to get my shish kebab wrap.  It's just bitter, can't remember being so cold after a brief walk around town.

Maybe it's the lack of acclimatisation?  Last home game I went in just my Villa top and claret hoodie, that was just over a week ago.  If the game was tonight it would indeed require the full thermal treatment.   There isn't even much wind to get a windchill factor.  Forecast says it's 1 degree but that's surely not right.

Edited by sidcow

4 hours ago, sidcow said:

Crikey it's cold out there.  Been to the Churchyard market to get my shish kebab wrap.  It's jut bitter, can't remember being so cold after a brief walk around town.

Maybe it's the lack of acclimatisation?  Last home game I went in just my Villa top and claret hoodie, that was just over a week ago.  If the game was tonight it would indeed require the full thermal treatment.   There isn't even much wind to get a windchill factor.  Forecast says it's 1 degree but that's surely not right.

I was planning german market drinks after work this week. May retreat to the warm bosom of a pub instead. 

8 minutes ago, Xela said:

I was planning german market drinks after work this week. May retreat to the warm bosom of a pub instead. 

I cannot take to drinking out in the cold. Completely ruins it. Much prefer being somewhere with a bit of cover and warmth. 

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, Xela said:

Why would you do such as thing as drink in the German Market? 

Crazy talk.

1 minute ago, sidcow said:

Why would you do such as thing as drink in the German Market? 

Crazy talk.

More of a works tradition to be honest. May have one there and then move indoors. 

Â