Weather...

Dodgyknees

23 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

I couid do with going out for some fresh air, but it's just depressing drizzle out there. 

Mrs Sidcow and I went to the shops yesterday. We needed a couple of bits and just wanted out the house for a while.  We we're toying with walking into Shirley but it was just drizzle and miserable so just drove to Sainsburys instead. 

Which was nice......... 

Edited by sidcow

2 hours ago, blandy said:

Grey and wet. Not particularly cold for the time of year. Nothing weather really, like they’ve basically forgotten to turn the weather on. Still, there’s always fish, chips and gravy.

It's clearing up over here now, blue sky can be seen but it looks temporary as there's big banks of cloud out in the Irish Sea

3 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Walking home from New years at 2 am and it was mild. Almost warm.

That was a surreal experience.

Hottest on record apparently.  15° on New Years Eve.  No such thing as global warming. 

When I went to bed this morning Mrs Sidcow was asleep with the window wide open. 

I would bet for the first 20 years of my life NYE never got above 5° and was probably in minus figures for most of them. 

Yep, made a big tactical error, set out for my walk in a coat and a jumper, didn’t think about it, it’s January, that’s what you wear outdoors.

One mile in and the coat was off and over the shoulder. two miles and the jumper was off and I did the rest of the walk in a tee shirt (just a tee shirt, no socks, nothing).

• Haha 2

We bought the children some Google smart alarm clocks for their rooms for Christmas, they show the outside temperature on the display. It’s pretty much been 13/14 degrees every day since Christmas. I actually thought they must be broken at one point.

Me and the lad had a kick around at a local field yesterday, like @chrisp65 said, I also made the mistake of t-shirt and thick jumper.

We turned off the heating timer again. 

Edited by Genie

2 hours ago, MNVillan said:

Was -43 Celsius out with the wind at our place this morning. -29 without the wind

Sounds impressive but you've never been to Stoke have you? 

Â