Weather...

Dodgyknees

1 hour ago, villa4europe said:

Brits really aren't built for any kind of weather 😂

Its not even that hot from what I've seen 

I've got external electric metal shutters on my windows, means I can use them as brise soleils, they really work at keeping the place cooler 

British houses aren't built for this weather. They are designed to absorb and keep heat in which is fine normally but not in a heatwave. 

Which will be happening more and more in the future.

A cooler sub-20C say in Poland today with a sprinkling of rain in the air was a very welcome relief. Might even use the duvet tonight if I can find it. Back up to the high 20s again from tomorrow for the foreseeable though, which I love apart from when trying to sleep.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Xela said:

I was sweating sending an email earlier. 

Were you sending your bank details to an African Prince to help him get his money out of his country before the evil Government took it off him? 

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

British houses aren't built for this weather. They are designed to absorb and keep heat in which is fine normally but not in a heatwave. 

Which will be happening more and more in the future.

Completely agree, like I said I've got brise soleil, I've also got double opening windows and timber floors

What I have got though is about 800mm thick concrete external walls so I have to keep the heat out cos once it's in its in, great for the winter 

7 minutes ago, HanoiVillan said:

I like how in the second clip, the passengers are just waiting calmly to be rescued. Imagine that was London, people would be hysterical, fights would break out and somebody would end up stabbed. 

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, It's Your Round said:

I like how in the second clip, the passengers are just waiting calmly to be rescued. Imagine that was London, people would be hysterical, fights would break out and somebody would end up stabbed. 

Yeah, I don't know how they're able to remain calm, I'm not sure I would be able to. I would be panicking about the water level rising rapidly. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Seat68 said:

Its currently a bit overcast in Stafford so the heat isn’t breaking through. Working in the conservatory until it gets unbearable. 

It’s quite fresh and cool so far in Tamworth. Temperature in my office actually slowly dropping and there’s a slight breeze. 

13 hours ago, sharkyvilla said:

I must be in the minority in that I love it when it's boiling hot like this and wish we had a whole summer of it.

Me too. Anything below 23C is basically too cold. Us lizard people will one day rule the earth

8 hours ago, It's Your Round said:

Imagine that was London, people would be hysterical, fights would break out and somebody would end up stabbed. 

Thats a normal day in London? 

Â