Weather...

Dodgyknees

If you thought they spent quite a lot on the Thames Barrier, CrossRail and HS2, you wait until they think London real estate is genuinely at risk.

Then you’ll see what a real budget looks like.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, chrisp65 said:

If you thought they spent quite a lot on the Thames Barrier, CrossRail and HS2, you wait until they think London real estate is genuinely at risk.

Then you’ll see what a real budget looks like.

And the cancellation of every other flood defence scheme anywhere else in the UK. 

• Like 1

It would make a pleasant change if the Tories started taking the possibility of flooding more seriously anywhere in the country (I distinctly remember some advisor or other going on to Radio 4 during the 12 month period of Cameron non-coalition government in 2015/16 and saying something along the lines of 'we need a strong economy to have strong flood defences', which . . . says a lot).

Christ on a bike it's cold today. 

The patio door is open, I've had to change from shorts to jeans. 

The flippin HEATING came on earlier, IT'S 1ST AUGUST TOMORROW for gods sake.  As I type my fingers are cold. 

I was thinking of all those having their first staycation in years earlier, and probably first time campers.  Had 4 days of torrential rain followed by these temperatures. I bet many have returned home early. 

I reckon you won't be able to get a flight next summer. 

• 3 weeks later...

Anyone else had the heating on for the last few days? It’s **** mid august ffs. Feels like the last days of autumn heading into winter here in Kings Heath today and yesterday. 

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

Anyone else had the heating on for the last few days? It’s **** mid august ffs. Feels like the last days of autumn heading into winter here in Kings Heath today and yesterday. 

Our heating has come on 3 times this week, mainly because upstairs windows are open near the thermostat. I'm sure if they were closed the temperature wouldn't have triggered it. 

I'm seriously thinking about getting one of those smart thermostats with individual radiator controls but that's going to be £500 plus. 

The first hurricane to hit New England in 30 years is making landfall in Rhode Island. 

Cape Cod, Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket all stand to see some heavy erosion.

Edited by maqroll

4 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Martha's Vineyard and Nantucket all stand to see some heavy erosion.

I know these places as references in Family Guy.

I used to watch a lot of Family Guy, not so much anymore.

• Haha 1

It rained so heavily in Shirley last night the it was literally pouring down the walls of our plastic roofed over side utility room. 

We've had it flooding under the door before but not like that.  The guttering was just completely overwhelmed. 

1 hour ago, sidcow said:

It rained so heavily in Shirley last night the it was literally pouring down the walls of our plastic roofed over side utility room. 

We've had it flooding under the door before but not like that.  The guttering was just completely overwhelmed. 

Is that one way of saying the missus enjoyed herself last night 😉

• Like 1

I had the heating on for an hour a week or two ago. Just to give it a blast, as its been off for months and months. 

Still have the windows open all day. 

Â