Callum Robinson

sir_gary_cahill

He didn't look out of place in his few sub appearances last season and I was really impressed with him vs Chesterfield the other week, he looked a class above every other player that played in that 1st half.  A loan in the championship would be good for him but we might be reluctant to let him leave til Benteke and Kozak are back.

• Like 3

Would like to see him on loan this season, like Grealish was last season. Slightly off topic but why don't any of our younger players ever go on loan at Walsall? Aren't we meant to have a good rapport, would make sense for both clubs. 

It really would, I guess Walsall don't want them though it would fit well with their no budget survival technique....then again maybe we want to send people away from the city so they mature, that would make sense too.

• Like 1

Would like to see him on loan this season, like Grealish was last season. Slightly off topic but why don't any of our younger players ever go on loan at Walsall? Aren't we meant to have a good rapport, would make sense for both clubs. 

It really would, I guess Walsall don't want them though it would fit well with their no budget survival technique....then again maybe we want to send people away from the city so they mature, that would make sense too.

Good points, my friend is a massive Walsall fan and was tearing his hair out that they couldn't get Grealish. Nice to see Robinson scoring for the reserves earlier. 

• 4 weeks later...

Signed for Preston on a youth Loan!!

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/north-end-loan-international-forward-from-aston-villa-160914-1918678.aspx

England U20 international striker Callum Robinson has joined the Lilywhites on a youth loan and goes straight into the squad for the home game against Chesterfield.

The 19-year-old, who scored a brace on his U20 debut for the Three Lions recently has made five senior appearances for the Premier League side and joins PNE up to and including 18th October. 

A product of the Villains’ youth academy, the Northampton-born front man made his debut for Paul Lambert’s side against Tottenham in September 2013 and made further appearances in the Premier League in 2013/14. 

Callum has played for England at youth level from U16 all the way up to U20, making his debut in their win over Romania just 11 days ago, where he scored twice in a 6-0 triumph for Aidy Boothroyd’s men at Telford. 

Manager Simon Grayson was delighted to add Callum to his attacking options after a weekend that saw his squad depleted by injuries and suspensions, he said: “It is no secret that we have needed another striker in. 

“He's a player we have watched a lot. Villa hold him in high regard and that is why they have only just allowed him to come out on loan. 

“He has a great attitude, is pacy, tricky and can play down the middle or wide in a three. His is an England international and we have beaten a lot of other clubs to his signature. 

“We are very grateful to Paul Lambert for allowing him to come here and hopefully it will benefit Villa, the player and of course ourselves.” 

Callum has been given the No.27 shirt and goes straight into the squad for the visit of Paul Cook’s Spireites to Deepdale and he is also eligible for the Johnstone’s Paint Trophy tie with Port Vale as well as the league games during the period

http://www.pnefc.net/news/article/robinson-excited-by-pne-opportunity-160914-1918875.aspx

Preston North End loan signing Callum Robinson is looking forward to getting some vital first team experience at the Club and says he will relish the chance to play alongside Joe Garner.

The 19-year-old striker has put pen to paper on a 32-day deal at Deepdale and is eligible for selection for this evening’s Sky Bet League One fixture against Chesterfield. 

An England U20 international, Robinson has come through the ranks at Premier League side Aston Villa, making five appearances for the Midlands outfit last season. 

Now the youngster is looking to make an impact in the third tier and is hoping to strike up a productive connection with North End’s current crop of forwards over the coming weeks. 

“This whole experience will be really good for me,” Robinson, who will wear the No. 27 shirt at Preston, said. 

“It will be nice to play alongside him [Joe Garner], I’ve seen him scoring goals and at Villa as well, training and playing with those players you get experience but this will be a whole new thing for me and I’m looking for it.” 

He added: “I’ve seen him [Kevin Davies] play at Bolton, scoring loads of goals, and he got his cap and I can look up to them and play with them and I’m looking forward to every minute of it.”

I can't say I have huge hopes for him, unfortunately. He's looked enthusiastic when I've seen him for the U21s or First Team, but I've not seen that finishing ability that I've seen in other youngsters. I hope he proves me wrong!

Â