The Captaincy

maqroll

20 hours ago, barry'sboots said:

Sorry I have infuriated you!

Getting yourself in a good mental shape - training yourself to think positively - as Martinez has done is a bit different to getting down because people/pundits are commenting on you, imho. 

You can tell that there are games when strikers get into Mings' head - Zaha and Bamford last season - and he can sometimes lose it/get drawn into a personal battle.

I just think Mings is better focusing on his game.

Emi, and Konsa for that matter, always seem so calm and unrattled during matches.

You are welcome to have a different opinion.

The whole point about MH is that people don't feel a fool speaking about it. It's all right to say he's a well paid pro and it goes with the territory. But if it's in you it's in you.

Fair play to TM for speaking out. If the captaincy is or becomes a burden I'm he will let DS.

I can't for the life of me remember who but I recall a player whose form nosedived when he was captain - but returned when he was relieved of duties.

Right decision for me. I thought it may have been a choice between Martinez and Mings, but it makes sense that Mings and John Mcginn are Captain and Vice Captain respectively, as they have been here longer and been important parts of the team for the last few years. I was surprised at Mcginn being Vice Captain however, as I thought it would have been Martinez. But i'm happy with that and the squad will be too

Nobody is the perfect player, but in regards to leadership nobody is better than Mings at our club. He will literally fight for his teammates, for the badge, for the club. He has an incredible amount of passion for the sport and beyond that he is clearly very intelligent, I'm glad he can get back to wearing that armband with pride now. 

• Like 1

Â