The Captaincy

maqroll

9 minutes ago, sidcow said:

I'm just mainly surprised they haven't announced it yet.  it's kind of weird.

I thought Smith had said somewhere that he knows who his skipper is but will not say until he has told the lads in a hotel - I assume this evening??

20 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

Oh boy. Here we go again…. It’s really quite infuriating seeing someone call Mings mentally fragile. You know Martinez has been seeing a sports psychologist since he was 22-23? Do you not consider that “mentally fragile” as well?

As for the whole captaincy thing. It should be Mings and Martinez. They are unequivocally our leaders both on and off the field. Konsa will probably be our captain in a couple of years.

Sorry I have infuriated you!

Getting yourself in a good mental shape - training yourself to think positively - as Martinez has done is a bit different to getting down because people/pundits are commenting on you, imho. 

You can tell that there are games when strikers get into Mings' head - Zaha and Bamford last season - and he can sometimes lose it/get drawn into a personal battle.

I just think Mings is better focusing on his game.

Emi, and Konsa for that matter, always seem so calm and unrattled during matches.

You are welcome to have a different opinion.

22 hours ago, Johnnyp said:

He’s vocal, i give him that much. I’d just much prefer Ty to cut the silly mistakes and lapses in concentration out of his own game rather than barking at others, for effect. Leaders do. Some of the most quietest leaders just play the game, total focus. If your ranting and raving but your own game is scratchy, then it’s just gimmicky.

He does not bark at others but Marshall’s everyone with authority. Whether he is captain or not this is what he gives to the team and is what I expect from an experienced defensive leader. 

Â