The Captaincy

maqroll

Deano might use this to further develop and inspire leadership qualities in a specific player. Mings already is a leader, and might not need that armband to take that responsability. Maybe someone like Konsa or AN Other needs it more? 

6 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

Imagine if its Ash, wow, that would throw a whole different light on what Deano has in mind for this year.

Captained Villa before, captained Manure and Inter.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, villalad21 said:

Who would you rather see leave?

Who would be more difficult to replace?

And what better way to acknowledge him and reward him is to give him the captaincy? No brainer for me.

I don't want any of them to leave. I didn't want Grealish to leave either, but I don't think he was the best captain we could've had. Martinez is probably the best player we have in the squad right now, but I still think Mings is the best captain material we have.

It’s good we have so many potential Captains in the squad. Needs to be a nailed on starter though, it’s Mings for me. He’s smart, vocal and has presence and I think the position he plays lends itself to the role. Emi Martinez would be second choice.

Failing that, then there’s this guy..

2EDE6F7C-4E53-4481-8F78-7D956BA8CAC0.jpeg

41 minutes ago, Pelle said:

I don't want any of them to leave. I didn't want Grealish to leave either, but I don't think he was the best captain we could've had. Martinez is probably the best player we have in the squad right now, but I still think Mings is the best captain material we have.

Fair enough.

For the record I think Emi would be the much, much bigger loss though

Edited by villalad21

Would be Martinez for me with Konsa as second choice of Vice Captain.  The two for me that are nailed on to start for the next couple of years.

I like Mings but I am not sure he needs the added pressure of captaincy as I think he can be mentally fragile - he has admitted as much following the Euros and I am sure he has said before that he needs to speak with his psychologist before games.

Martinez is much calmer and just exudes confidence and gravitas.  And he knows we are a "Big Club" Mate!

1 hour ago, barry'sboots said:

Would be Martinez for me with Konsa as second choice of Vice Captain.  The two for me that are nailed on to start for the next couple of years.

I like Mings but I am not sure he needs the added pressure of captaincy as I think he can be mentally fragile - he has admitted as much following the Euros and I am sure he has said before that he needs to speak with his psychologist before games.

Martinez is much calmer and just exudes confidence and gravitas.  And he knows we are a "Big Club" Mate!

Oh boy. Here we go again…. It’s really quite infuriating seeing someone call Mings mentally fragile. You know Martinez has been seeing a sports psychologist since he was 22-23? Do you not consider that “mentally fragile” as well?

As for the whole captaincy thing. It should be Mings and Martinez. They are unequivocally our leaders both on and off the field. Konsa will probably be our captain in a couple of years.

Â