Manchester United

BOF

31 minutes ago, Genie said:

Rashford’s form dropped off terribly about the time the Greenwood story broke. I did wonder if there was a connection? Maybe MG and MR were good friends?

They were good pals apparently. If Rashford is this role model everyone thinks, you would expect him not to have him I the same dressing room now.

On 02/02/2023 at 19:26, Xela said:

She's been back with him for ages apparently.

While I can only guess, the upside of the lifestyle of being a WAG trumps the downside of being forced into sex against your will. Allegedly. 

Her choice I suppose. Doesn't mean Greenwood should play football again in this Country

• Like 1

I was at OT yesterday, it was quite funny hoping for them to throw away a 2 goal lead. It was also quite funny when the home crowd cheered when VAR stepped in for the red because they assumed it was for a Palace player.

What was less funny was the section of the home support who started singing “Mason Greenwood, he’s one of our own”.

It did momentarily feel like it was going to be drowned out by groans/jeers but there an attack which halted the song. I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to hear how the home crowd managed that song (join in or drown it out).

Edit: I might be doing them an injustice as my son thinks it was the Palace fans that sang “Mason Greenwood, he’s one of your own”.

It was in the same section so I’m not 100% sure who it was.

Edited by Genie

22 hours ago, Zatman said:

Cant find a better quality video and cant seem to link from Reddit but Andre Marriner now possibly my favourite ref 😛 

Villa fan too so doing his bit 😜 

• Like 2

13 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

If someone actually catches you in the head like that in public, in the shops or whatever. You aren't going to ground are you?

The guy is a **** idiot. What's the outcome? Ref sends him off?

Absolute cretin.

Absolutely. Garnacho already doing the “I’m dead” routine to waste time and then Bruno joins him. Scummy club with scummy players all through the squad.

The difference here is that because Man United are one of the most famous clubs in the world, and can actually attract huge sponsorship deals, it will be easier for them to splurge money on whatever they want as they aren’t Bolton with a bank balance like Citeh.

If they are bought by a group from Qatar they will do a Chelsea on an unprecedented scale and Premier League football will just be getting more and more pointless.

There will be clubs like us spending £100m on players and the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea spending 10x that much. Not sure where the fair part of financial fair play is coming from.

• Like 1

On 05/02/2023 at 09:38, Genie said:

I was at OT yesterday, it was quite funny hoping for them to throw away a 2 goal lead. It was also quite funny when the home crowd cheered when VAR stepped in for the red because they assumed it was for a Palace player.

What was less funny was the section of the home support who started singing “Mason Greenwood, he’s one of our own”.

It did momentarily feel like it was going to be drowned out by groans/jeers but there an attack which halted the song. I’m disappointed that I didn’t get to hear how the home crowd managed that song (join in or drown it out).

Edit: I might be doing them an injustice as my son thinks it was the Palace fans that sang “Mason Greenwood, he’s one of your own”.

It was in the same section so I’m not 100% sure who it was.

Both would have been in cockney accents, so difficult to distinguish

8 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

The difference here is that because Man United are one of the most famous clubs in the world, and can actually attract huge sponsorship deals, it will be easier for them to splurge money on whatever they want as they aren’t Bolton with a bank balance like Citeh.

If they are bought by a group from Qatar they will do a Chelsea on an unprecedented scale and Premier League football will just be getting more and more pointless.

There will be clubs like us spending £100m on players and the likes of Man Utd and Chelsea spending 10x that much. Not sure where the fair part of financial fair play is coming from.

Yes and they would be able to afford to completely flatten old trafford and build  a 90,000 mega bowl with 21st century corporate facilities. The Glazers being rubbish owners for 15 years has indirectly made the league a lot more competitive.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, jacketspuds said:

That's why FFP was always a load of shit in the first place and utds David Gill sold it to UEFA, man utd will always be a huge club with huge sponsorship deals, they were global leaders in that regard, they turned football in to a business, deep down I think they knew what was coming, City artificially inflate the market man utd benefit with increased revenue because they were market leaders, etihad sponsor city for £40m a year man utd ask team viewer for £47m, utd are huge beneficiaries from man city's dealings

I think that city overtaking utd in terms of revenue is the driving force for them finally making these changes to the infrastructure at the club

I also think that man utd is a business ran by businessmen, football is merely their industry and with that in mind **** their fans they deserve the glazers, they are the ones who killed football, not Chelsea, not City, utd did all this in the 90s

• Like 2

Apparently it's a fund linked to the Qatari royal family that may be bidding. No doubt there is no link whatsoever to them and PSG's owners, as UEFA rules don't allow the same owners to have a controlling stake in another club in one of its European competitions. :rolleyes: I wonder if Beckham is involved in the negotiations? 

David Beckham criticised after appearing in promotional video for Qatar  Tourism | The Independent

Â