Manchester United

BOF

The CPS can still continue a prosecution, even if the victim no longer wants to cooperate. That is what happened with Caroline Flack and her boyfriend, who didn't want the police to continue with their charge after he initially called the police to report Assault. With all of the audio and visual evidence this is very surprising, but i suppose at no point did he admit guilt and his solicitor probably told him to say no comment at all times, making it the job of the police to collate all the evidence and then rely on a jury to convict.

Convictions for rape cases are notoriously very low, however with everything that came out justover a year ago its very surprising to see it. I expect Man U will pay up his contract in full as it will be a big hit on their reputation if they reintegrate him into the squad, their team is doing well and i can't see another premier league team taking him on at this moment. He is 21 though so could probably return in the future, Ched Evans is playing for Preston in a fairly decent championship side so he would probably go abroad for now but return later.

• Like 2

The key point is that the CPS felt there was no longer a realistic possibility of a guilty verdict. So a trial would not be in the public interest. New evidence can still come forward for both the defence and prosecution. We shouldn’t ever assume that the circumstances of this meant that the victim was lying. 

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

The key point is that the CPS felt there was no longer a realistic possibility of a guilty verdict. So a trial would not be in the public interest. New evidence can still come forward for both the defence and prosecution. We shouldn’t ever assume that the circumstances of this meant that the victim was lying. 

That's where I am

My first thought and belief in the system is that scumbag rich man has paid his scumbag lawyers a lot of money to find a scummy way of getting away with it and that would more than likely involve them painting her as worse than him

17 minutes ago, Genie said:

I’d love to know why the witness in the Greenwood case decided to change her story.

One or more of the following. 1 and/or 2 the most likely IMO

1) They're back together

2) There was going to be a load of dirt on her that would come out as part of the trial

3) A load of cash was offered to her to drop charges

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

One or more of the following. 1 and/or 2 the most likely IMO

1) They're back together

2) There was going to be a load of dirt on her that would come out as part of the trial

3) A load of cash was offered to her to drop charges

There’s more options than just those three. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

managed to do a clumsy retweet  too. What a fraud 

Precisely what did he "like" about the tweet? Seriously, unless you are Greenwood's dad or something there's not a huge amount to like.

1 hour ago, Pinebro said:

Why did she decide to drop charges though?

She's been back with him for ages apparently.

While I can only guess, the upside of the lifestyle of being a WAG trumps the downside of being forced into sex against your will. Allegedly. 

• Like 2

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

She's been back with him for ages apparently.

While I can only guess, the upside of the lifestyle of being a WAG trumps the downside of being forced into sex against your will. Allegedly. 

Stockholm syndrome?

Was pretty shocked when I saw this on the news given what emerged at the time. He was arrested over a year ago so presumed they have more than enough for CPS (even without a witness) and it was just delayed to covid backlog of cases.

I presume he can't be re-instated straight away due to the squads already been submitted for rest of season. Does feel like an easy one for them in the summer, spend another 80m + on CF e.g. Kane or just re-instate someone who showed enough in 18 months that he is good enough for their level once he gets his fitness up.

Be interested what the investigative journalism comes up with in the coming days as the rich and famous have so much power compared to an ordinary person if they were accused of rape.

Â