Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, colhint said:

I'm sure there are things in contracts regarding damaging the club's image

Nothing that they could use to deny him of his money. He's as innocent as you or me in the eyes of the legal system. Deny him his money and he's going to take them to court and get 100% payout.

37 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

How depressing qataris to bid for utd making them almost as wealthy as newcastle

Was enjoying seeing utd becoming a average team over the years but i expect they will start dominating again like the 90s now ffs

See it's kinda going to be interesting when more and more teams have seemingly unlimited wealth, and only 4 CL spots to go for.  Another step closer to the revised plans for a ESL surely?

Agreed though it was nice seeing them become a very average team while it lasted.

46 minutes ago, dubbs said:

See it's kinda going to be interesting when more and more teams have seemingly unlimited wealth, and only 4 CL spots to go for.  Another step closer to the revised plans for a ESL surely?

Agreed though it was nice seeing them become a very average team while it lasted.

Well thats the only thing isnt it now your gonna have 5 or more teams that can spend massive amounts of cash so that could make it interesting. 

If it puts a spanner in the saudis taking over im ok with that. Thats only thing that helps.

I think best way is everyone in pl had billionaires now days to make it fairer but thwn obviously you get more inflated fees wages etc

They just need to reset the whole thing. Its getting so far out of hand now. Its really not hard either. Every team in the league cannot exceed say a £150m spend per season on transfers. No player can be paid in excess of £250k per week/Wages as a whole for a squad cannot exceed £Xm per season. If you finish top 4 your spend can be £50m more than the rest. Something along those lines. Imagine how competitive the league would be with an even playing ground. You would get players remaining loyal to their clubs because theyd be on the same wages as they’re already getting at their club. Anyone could win the league. All this middle eastern unlimited money thing isnt healthy. 

1 hour ago, dubbs said:

You’d have to be mad to think you can take a team into the top 4 these days.

Chelsea and Liverpool currently outside of all European spots. It’s insanely competitive at the very top. Chelsea have dropped £600m on their squad and they don’t even look better than they were.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Demitri_C said:

How depressing qataris to bid for utd making them almost as wealthy as newcastle

Was enjoying seeing utd becoming a average team over the years but i expect they will start dominating again like the 90s now ffs

Money hasn’t been an issue. They’ve spent as much as anyone

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Money hasn’t been an issue. They’ve spent as much as anyone

They have but its quite clear the money being spent and the ownership at utd is whats holding them back. Under the qataris they will be a lot better than what they are now i think

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

I see comments about Old Trafford falling down etc but is it really true? Any time I’ve been there it’s looked in excellent condition throughout. 

Dunno, I think as much as anything it's just not modern (I'm sure the corporate side is ok though...)

The interesting thing for me is they have plans in place for both a renovation and a new stadium and are now seeking investors, theyre not selling outright are they? So the timing would suggest they want an influx of cash to pay for the stadium

18 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They have but its quite clear the money being spent and the ownership at utd is whats holding them back. Under the qataris they will be a lot better than what they are now i think

Agree about the ownership/infrastructure 

But not the money. Since Pep started at City, Man Utd have spent more money than anyone (possibly chelsea have overtaken them given their recent splurge)

The access to money isn’t the issue. It’s how it’s spent. 

• Like 1

They may want to be wary of Sir Jim Ratcliffe being a potential owner. To quote the Upshot/Popbitch...

As the Glazers prepare to flog Man United to the most reckless billionaire, Ineos owner Sir Jim Ratcliffe has emerged as the favourite among fans.

But the United faithful should be careful what they wish for. In recent years Ratters has invested in rugby's All Blacks, F1's Mercedes and cycling team Team Ineos.

All three were world-beaters when he got involved but have since slumped into mediocrity, leading to whispers of an Ineos Curse.

And he has assembled a ragtag bunch at French side Nice, overseen by headcase cycling guru Sir David Brailsford, who would likely become Erik Ten Hag's boss if the takeover goes through.

Sir Dave, who lives in a caravan at Nice's training ground like some hermit genius, previously ran the mega-successful British Cycling team. 

There, he was accused of running a regime based on "lies, bullying and harassment", including a habit of locking cyclists on the team bus for hours-long bollockings. 

So at least United would be getting back to Fergie's values...

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I see comments about Old Trafford falling down etc but is it really true? Any time I’ve been there it’s looked in excellent condition throughout. 

Both the stadium and the training ground have had little investment for two decades now, the stadium is a mile off the Spurs stadium for example and their training ground is a mile off ours (in terms of quality and modernity).

55 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Agree about the ownership/infrastructure 

But not the money. Since Pep started at City, Man Utd have spent more money than anyone (possibly chelsea have overtaken them given their recent splurge)

The access to money isn’t the issue. It’s how it’s spent. 

Im not who is running the show at utd but they ahve over spend massively on players. 80m maguire, 80m anthony, 72m sancho. Also the managerial failures they have had. Ten looks like they finally got a appointment right.

The club has spent big i agree but i think the ownership situation is the biggest issue they have. Once thats sorted i can see them winning titles again unfortunately 

44 minutes ago, stewiek2 said:

They may want to be wary of Sir Jim Ratcliffe being a potential owner. To quote the Upshot/Popbitch...

All true(ish, anyway), but if the alternative is being owned by a petrostate then it's not much choice is it. 

6 minutes ago, bannedfromHandV said:

Both the stadium and the training ground have had little investment for two decades now, the stadium is a mile off the Spurs stadium for example and their training ground is a mile off ours (in terms of quality and modernity).

Obviously the Spurs stadium is brand new so I’d assume it is latest tech and potentially the best in the world.

Do you know for example what Carrington doesn’t have, but Bodymoor Heath does? 

Â