Manchester United

BOF

1 hour ago, sne said:

I think that he had hardly spoke with ten hag on his own admission was a give away he wouldn't be staying.

Rangnick was a total waste of time, another one of those who seem to have a far better reputation as  an amazing coach then when you look at their actual cv. Carrick til the end of the season would have worked better, and been cheaper. However they then might have done something stupid by then employing him full-time.

It's been a good football weekend. Thinking about Madrid, Liverpool, Man City winning the title, Spurs strengthening, Chelsea takeover, Mane going to Bayern, big time football.

Man U are nowhere near that table anymore. They are irrelevant. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, The Fun Factory said:

Rangnick was a total waste of time, another one of those who seem to have a far better reputation as  an amazing coach then when you look at their actual cv. Carrick til the end of the season would have worked better, and been cheaper. However they then might have done something stupid by then employing him full-time.

Yep he has always been a bluffer. People on here always named him when we needed a new manager but he really isnt that

His managerial record has been always meh. Was a journo earlier comparing his hype with Bielsa and both have had little success

7 hours ago, Zatman said:

Yep he has always been a bluffer. People on here always named him when we needed a new manager but he really isnt that

His managerial record has been always meh. Was a journo earlier comparing his hype with Bielsa and both have had little success

And then managers like Trapattoni got ridiculed at the end of their careers.

Pogba has to be one of the most expensive muck ups by ManUre.

Lost him on a free, brought him back for £85m and stupid wages, only to lose him on a free again.

To make matters worse, he was godawful too 😂😂😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

2 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Lost him on a free, brought him back for £85m and stupid wages, only to lose him on a free again.

To make matters worse, he was godawful too 😂😂😂

Not one of, THE worst transfer ever!

Lost him for free, signed him back on a record transfer, massively underwhelming on the pitch to put it mildly, frequently injured, monster wages, constantly linked away, disruptive in the dressing room, probably influenced the demise of a couple of managers and now losing him for free again! Surely they had the chance to sell him at some point?

But hey, social media followers or some shit.

• Like 4

3 hours ago, theboyangel said:

Pogba would have made money for man utd. The sponsorship revenue from having his social media profile on the  books would easily cover his wage and transfer fee. That's why clubs want to sign him, his production on the pitch doesnt warrant it, he's shite. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, StanBalaban said:

Pogba and Lingard both officially left the club.

Didn't Pogba leave 4 years ago 😜

People give Grealish abuse but this clown is one of the worst transfers ever. 

They let him go for nothing and then re-signed him for 89 million then released him again.

Even Tony Xia couldn't do that 😜😂🙏😂

Are these Dutch league guys they're linked to any good?

Timber falls down a bit I presume....think Lisandro Martinez would be a better signing as he's more experienced with Ajax and played games for Argentina. Taglificao might be a decent short term move at LB aswell.

Upfront seems he wants Antony as front 3 option and Haller's even been linked which would be amusing.

Reminds me of Van Gaal coming in and signing Daley Blind and Memphis to mass hype. Blind was alright but slow for prem and Memphis went on easy street straight away.

Can see sense at least in someone like Ruben Neves but his first choice is Barca by all accounts.

Lingard is more bizarre I think.

Career was going nowhere, he had that amazing start at West Ham and they pretty much wanted to sign him there and then.

Cue Man. United wanting 25-30m. He then stays and they promise he'll get more of a chance....then they sign Ronaldo and there's just no space for him.

Even in January he could've gone to Newcastle but they keep him as cover just to leak stuff from the dressing room every week....allegedly.

Get the feeling that's part of the reason why Rashford looks way off it these days as him and Lingard are good mates.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, VillaChris said:

Are these Dutch league guys they're linked to any good?

Timber falls down a bit I presume....think Lisandro Martinez would be a better signing as he's more experienced with Ajax and played games for Argentina. Taglificao might be a decent short term move at LB aswell.

Upfront seems he wants Antony as front 3 option and Haller's even been linked which would be amusing.

Reminds me of Van Gaal coming in and signing Daley Blind and Memphis to mass hype. Blind was alright but slow for prem and Memphis went on easy street straight away.

Can see sense at least in someone like Ruben Neves but his first choice is Barca by all accounts.

Eredvisie is always hit and miss. Alax made about 130 million on De Ligt and De Jong and they havent pulled up trees, Ziyech another one

Of course is good players there and I think they were top of the UEFA league rankings for club performances this season or they were last month but I think to bring them to a higher quality league and expect them to perform weekly isnt easy. 

If you ever need an example of why FFP is a complete and utter joke and corruption of the highest order, then look no further than ManUre.  A non Sky-6 club that had been mismanaged to the extent that Utd have over the past 7 years would be in league one by now.  Instead, somehow they are still in the top six of the premier league.  Poorly managed (the last two managers have been utterly farcical), horrendous transfer business (Pogba, Fred, Van Der Beek, Sancho, Maguire etc etc.), off-field controversies (why isn't the media laser-focussed on the Greenwood situation in the way they would be if it were any other club's player?) and their "best players" are 35, 36, 37 years old.... 

Randy Lerner won't be remembered fondly by many of our fans, but I will say one thing - at least he had the foresight and balls to vote against FFP.  One of only a couple of owners who voted against it.  He knew what it would bring and he was 100% correct.   

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Genie said:

Man United have massive income streams from all over the world, built from their dominance in the 90’s and 00’s.

Yep, the mismanagement of them by Woodward was because he wanted to dabble in the footballing side of things but at the same time he was really good at his day job - making utd money, they're a monster and it would interesting to know if the real reason Woodward was pushed aside wasn't because they finally had enough of the shit football but because man City caught them on the revenue (no doubt the 2 go hand in hand though) 

Agree about Lerner though, he saw this FFP shit exactly for what it is, I don't think utd are doing anything "wrong" but they're propped up by official sunglasses partners, Nigerian fruit juice partners, Japanese pot noodle partners, official bedsheets and pillow partners (I shit you not) and they know that the likes of us will never compete with it, Aston Villa will never have an official red wine partner - I hope anyway - and at the time of FFPs introduction we had a children's charity on the front of our shirt 

The dodgiest thing you could probably say about utd with FFP is David Gills role in pushing it through at UEFA, he championed it, of course he would, on paper utd are the biggest benefactors of it 

Its part of why I **** hate them, they're the embodiment of games gone 

• Like 1

Someone in the media calculated exactly what Pogba has cost United just in this second spell alone, so not even taking into account the money United put into developing him as a young player plus his wages, he’s cost United around £220M which equates to about £1M per appearance (in his second spell only).

He’s a lazy pisstaker, probably the best example of the modern arsehole footballer.

Â