Manchester United

BOF

8 hours ago, FLVillan said:

If you ever need an example of why FFP is a complete and utter joke and corruption of the highest order, then look no further than ManUre.  A non Sky-6 club that had been mismanaged to the extent that Utd have over the past 7 years would be in league one by now.  Instead, somehow they are still in the top six of the premier league.  Poorly managed (the last two managers have been utterly farcical), horrendous transfer business (Pogba, Fred, Van Der Beek, Sancho, Maguire etc etc.), off-field controversies (why isn't the media laser-focussed on the Greenwood situation in the way they would be if it were any other club's player?) and their "best players" are 35, 36, 37 years old.... 

Randy Lerner won't be remembered fondly by many of our fans, but I will say one thing - at least he had the foresight and balls to vote against FFP.  One of only a couple of owners who voted against it.  He knew what it would bring and he was 100% correct.   

Not sure it's like that....they still have guys like Fernandes, Ronaldo, Sancho etc who can still come up with goals at key parts in games that win them points even if they are poor in those games. The 2-2 at VP would be classic example of that plus many teams will just go to Old Trafford and stick men behind the ball so they'll always win a decent amount of games.

Think they only won six away games all season which was less than us but even in poor seasons they get 9-10 home wins while we haven't achieved that since 2007/08 season.

What hurt us was signing 4-5 league 1 players and starting them all at same time. If we'd signed more Vlaars and Bentekes then relegation wouldn't have been an issue.

Is Greenwood stuff being handled any differently to Mendy? Don't think Greenwood's even been charged with anything yet so press obviously don't want to prejudice stuff. Most cloak and dagger one with no press reporting whatsoever involves Everton and their former number 10....

Edited by VillaChris

6 hours ago, villa4europe said:

Yep, the mismanagement of them by Woodward was because he wanted to dabble in the footballing side of things but at the same time he was really good at his day job - making utd money, they're a monster and it would interesting to know if the real reason Woodward was pushed aside wasn't because they finally had enough of the shit football but because man City caught them on the revenue (no doubt the 2 go hand in hand though) 

Agree about Lerner though, he saw this FFP shit exactly for what it is, I don't think utd are doing anything "wrong" but they're propped up by official sunglasses partners, Nigerian fruit juice partners, Japanese pot noodle partners, official bedsheets and pillow partners (I shit you not) and they know that the likes of us will never compete with it, Aston Villa will never have an official red wine partner - I hope anyway - and at the time of FFPs introduction we had a children's charity on the front of our shirt 

The dodgiest thing you could probably say about utd with FFP is David Gills role in pushing it through at UEFA, he championed it, of course he would, on paper utd are the biggest benefactors of it 

Its part of why I **** hate them, they're the embodiment of games gone 

They only saving Grace from United is that at least their money is earned from football. They aren’t propped up by owners cooking the books like Everton, City, Chelsea, Newcastle no doubt. 

2 minutes ago, Genie said:

They only saving Grace from United is that at least their money is earned from football. They aren’t propped up by owners cooking the books like Everton, City, Chelsea, Newcastle no doubt. 

But at the same time we can be bought by a billionaire oil baron from a shit background that we shouldn't be proud of, every club in England can win that lottery 

We can't get a official airplane partner who pay us more than they pay man utd, that's limited to 6 clubs 

2 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

But at the same time we can be bought by a billionaire oil baron from a shit background that we shouldn't be proud of, every club in England can win that lottery 

We can't get a official airplane partner who pay us more than they pay man utd, that's limited to 6 clubs 

If we dominated for 10+ years domestically and in Europe like a United did we could sign those sorts of deals.

14 minutes ago, Genie said:

If we dominated for 10+ years domestically and in Europe like a United did we could sign those sorts of deals.

But we won't, that horse has bolted

FFP and the shear amount of money at the top means we'll never get those 10 years naturally, we'd only get them with a oil nation backing us 

5 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Not sure it's like that....they still have guys like Fernandes, Ronaldo, Sancho etc who can still come up with goals at key parts in games that win them points even if they are poor in those games. The 2-2 at VP would be classic example of that plus many teams will just go to Old Trafford and stick men behind the ball so they'll always win a decent amount of games.

Think they only won six away games all season which was less than us but even in poor seasons they get 9-10 home wins while we haven't achieved that since 2007/08 season.

What hurt us was signing 4-5 league 1 players and starting them all at same time. If we'd signed more Vlaars and Bentekes then relegation wouldn't have been an issue.

Is Greenwood stuff being handled any differently to Mendy? Don't think Greenwood's even been charged with anything yet so press obviously don't want to prejudice stuff. Most cloak and dagger one with no press reporting whatsoever involves Everton and their former number 10....

Yes, but then point I'm making (trying to make lol) is that the management of the club has been relegation-like for years now, and without spending absolute shedloads of money on players they would have been down for certain with that level of management.  Yes, players like Fernandez and Ronaldo can bail them out time and again, yet they can also spend ludicrous amounts on sub-standard players and transfer busts like Pogba, Fred etc.  It's testament that FFP is a joke.  There is zero accountability for poor management and bad recruiting in terms of their position in a league that is supposed to be all about performance.  It's the same with Citeh - they can win the league with a 100 million pound player sitting on his hands.  Why?  Because the rules allow them to keep on spending and paying while those below are told it's against the rules.... All FFP has done is ensure that the rich clubs keep on getting richer and widening the gap between themselves and everyone else.  Put some of the "fringe players" from Citeh into another premier league team and they would be able to push up the table (with good management).  But those clubs are prevented from doing it by FFP rules.  Villa, Leicester and others have wealthier owners yet we cannot even think about buying that same level of player.  The fact that they've managed to stay in the top six with how they've done their business is beyond ridiculous.  

When we went down it followed a very similar period to the one that ManUre are in now.  Our owner stopped spending because he saw the writing on the wall - he knew if he pumped in more money that we'd be in violation of the new rules and it was no guarantee of success.  And we were badly managed (just like Utd). 

As he’s being released I wonder if Lingard regrets being such a massive bellend and doing all the stupid off the field social media crap and not focusing on football a bit more?

27 minutes ago, Genie said:

As he’s being released I wonder if Lingard regrets being such a massive bellend and doing all the stupid off the field social media crap and not focusing on football a bit more?

His bank account will tell him to regret nothing Dave 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

His bank account will tell him to regret nothing Dave 

Maybe it would be bigger if he played more /better.

Saying this, Newcastle will probably offer him £300k/w for the next 5 years.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I don't think he has an ounce of self awareness. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

I actually think he's been messed around a bit. He loved it at West Ham but seems he was promised more games at Man. United this season and then they sign Ronaldo on last day of the window. Also seems they didn't want to release him to Newcastle in January.

Perhaps he stayed out of loyalty to them giving him support when he was having to look after his Mum a few years back but basically wasted a year of his career and miles off England selection.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Zatman said:

Eredvisie is always hit and miss. Alax made about 130 million on De Ligt and De Jong and they havent pulled up trees, Ziyech another one

Of course is good players there and I think they were top of the UEFA league rankings for club performances this season or they were last month but I think to bring them to a higher quality league and expect them to perform weekly isnt easy. 

For every ruud van nistelrooy there is a georgios samaras

• Like 1

22 hours ago, Genie said:

United have the opposite problem, the club is propping up the owners.

55 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

I mean it's an opinion to be fair to him

I dare him to say that to Bobby Charlton.

What a disrespectful **** asshole.

He doesn't even have the fall back of "I didn't know because I'm not even a real Manc" like the rest of the Utd supporters.

20 minutes ago, lapal_fan said:

I dare him to say that to Bobby Charlton.

What a disrespectful **** asshole.

He doesn't even have the fall back of "I didn't know because I'm not even a real Manc" like the rest of the Utd supporters.

Absolutely awful.

Its an opinion that sums up the delusion of the United fanbase because a poor season is finishing 6th. He isnt even saying this for attention he sounds like he genuinely believes what he is saying

Â