Manchester United

BOF

10 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Cavani has left but him deciding to extend his contract with the additional year and then deciding that he was homesick and didn't want to be there anymore just about sums their problems up 

17 goals in 39 games year one, 2 goals in 20 games in year two

You've got a guy that experienced after that good a career having those problems for that big a club, its not a quick fix and it's definitley not a tactical fix 

I completely missed the backtrack on the contract. I saw he’d extended but not then canning it.

I guess they’re hoping Sancho, Fernandes, Eriksson all chip in with plenty of goals. I don’t see it (not enough to put them in the top 4 which must be the target).

Edited by Genie

Throughout the 90s and 00s… I hated Utd…

They were just too good under Ferguson and always got the rub of the green…

They are a spent force… and their fans are finally starting to eat humble pie now to their glory days are well in the past…

Just a shame that those other pricks in Manchester have taken the reigns…

Why always Manchester? Why in my lifetime have they always had to have SOME success at football?!

7 hours ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’ll make them a lot better instantly unfortunately

Will be interesting to see the structure. He can't play number 10 given Fernandes is there and he'll probably have a better season next year without Ronaldo.

Of course Eriksen can just slot in the 8 position given he played there for Spurs.

Probably a signing they should've made a few years back when he wanted out of Spurs after they lost the CL final.

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Selling Ronaldo will the best bit of business they do this summer and they won’t even realise it

He’s a circus act these days. Decent enough player, very good finisher, but the baggage he brings just isn’t worth it. 

8 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

He’s a circus act these days. Decent enough player, very good finisher, but the baggage he brings just isn’t worth it. 

He makes teams worse. And it’s masked by the fact he scores lots of goals. But he simultaneously brings team goals down. 

They’ve changed the entire way they play to accommodate him, including nullifying their best player, and they’ve got worse for it. 

They’ll all think it a tragedy they’ve lost him but it will be great for them

• Like 2

United confirm Ronaldo is not going to travel with the squad to the far east for Ten Haag’s first game.

An unspecified family matter apparently keeps him in Portugal.

They desperately need a 20+ goal striker if he goes, and everyone knows it. They’re about to get ripped off, again.

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

United confirm Ronaldo is not going to travel with the squad to the far east for Ten Haag’s first game.

They desperately need a 20+ goal striker if he goes, and everyone knows it. They’re about to get ripped off, again.

Who's the Harry Maguire striker equivalent in the £80-90m region? 

What I don't get is why didn't Ronaldo say all this in May? From late March you could see Man. United had no chance of making CL. Feels a bit odd to be destabilizing them as soon as pre season starts unless he thinks Bayern Munich will go for him once they sell Lewandwoski which could happen of course.

19 minutes ago, VillaChris said:

What I don't get is why didn't Ronaldo say all this in May? From late March you could see Man. United had no chance of making CL. Feels a bit odd to be destabilizing them as soon as pre season starts unless he thinks Bayern Munich will go for him once they sell Lewandwoski which could happen of course.

He probably did say it back in May or earlier. 

Edited by Genie

1 minute ago, Genie said:

He probably did say it back in May or sooner. 

The leaks to the press have come from his camp and that's only started in last week (and Jorge Mendes having dinner with the Chelsea owner).

Just surprised he didn't say all this in May unless he wanted to see what transfer business they did.

Compare to Mane who said right after CL he was leaving, Liverpool quickly got in Darwin Nunez and Mane left a few weeks ago. That's the way to do things.

1 minute ago, VillaChris said:

The leaks to the press have come from his camp and that's only started in last week (and Jorge Mendes having dinner with the Chelsea owner).

Just surprised he didn't say all this in May unless he wanted to see what transfer business they did.

Compare to Mane who said right after CL he was leaving, Liverpool quickly got in Darwin Nunez and Mane left a few weeks ago. That's the way to do things.

Yeah, Man United still remain shit at most things.

I assume MU have spent weeks trying to get a fee and nobody is biting. Now it’s become quite visible as Ronaldo is following through on his pledge not to play (I assume he doesn’t want to risk an injury which would effectively end his career).

He could well be off to Munich which would need RL’s move to Barcelona to go through first. Or Ronaldo himself is holding out for big wages which nobody is offering. 
It might well be a deadline day deal.

A big money transfer for a very old superstar is a risky and complicated deal to do.

• Like 1

Just now, bannedfromHandV said:

Maybe he had a meeting with Ten Hag and was told he’d actually have to work for his place in the team and he thought balls to that.

I reckon he doesn’t want to risk any kind of injury as it’ll rule out any move.

1 hour ago, Genie said:

They can have Danny Ings for £50m.

Just now, jacketspuds said:

They can have Danny Ings for £50m.

I joked with a mate that we could sell them Ings yesterday :lol: 

They are in a difficult place. Desperate and in a mess, but have money, but don’t want to be ripped off, but desperate again. 

:crylaugh: 

Who is going to score them lots of goals next season? Will they have to play Bruno up top?

• Like 1

Â