Manchester United

BOF

15 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Also, Ten Hag is a bit of a prickly character. Will be interesting to see how he handles the English press. 

Can't think why he didn't want the previous failed manager to stick around giving him tips :D 

It's getting increasingly funny that they have what seems to me to be a very unambitious transfer strategy of only being interest in players with a Dutch connection that the manager is highly familiar with, and even with that tailwind they still haven't got a deal over the line yet.

3 hours ago, maqroll said:

Also, Ten Hag is a bit of a prickly character. Will be interesting to see how he handles the English press. 

Is he prickly or is he just Dutch🤔

I like how he dealt with media before and like Van Gaal who has no respect for the Sky clowns

• Like 1

1 hour ago, HanoiVillan said:

It's getting increasingly funny that they have what seems to me to be a very unambitious transfer strategy of only being interest in players with a Dutch connection that the manager is highly familiar with, and even with that tailwind they still haven't got a deal over the line yet.

Something about Ten Hag seems a bit off to me. Like just not a good fit based purely on my instinct. I think Pochettino would have been the better hire.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

Is he prickly or is he just Dutch🤔

I like how he dealt with media before and like Van Gaal who has no respect for the Sky clowns

Yes, the Dutch are extremely matter of fact. No superfluous chitter chatter.

15 hours ago, maqroll said:

Something about Ten Hag seems a bit off to me. Like just not a good fit based purely on my instinct. I think Pochettino would have been the better hire.

I tend to agree.

I think it you were going to steelman the argument for their current transfer strategy, it would be something like - the squad is famously disruptive, they often barely try and then leak shit about each other to their mates in the press, so why not rebuild the squad with guys Ten Hag knows and trusts; even if they're not quite Man City or Liverpool level maybe it'd be enough to stabilise things in the top 6 and then he can build more later.

But it's all a bit pessimistic and kind of uninspiring.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He’ll make them a lot better instantly unfortunately

Dunno

If you look at their fans getting twitchy over the lack of spending and then the quality of who they're bringing in and now Ronaldo making waves they're still a mess of a club

the protesters will be back out long before he turns them around and with that shit going on in the background his problem won't be tactical it'll be mental and even managers like Jose couldn't get them to give a shit 

9 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Dunno

If you look at their fans getting twitchy over the lack of spending and then the quality of who they're bringing in and now Ronaldo making waves they're still a mess of a club

the protesters will be back out long before he turns them around and with that shit going on in the background his problem won't be tactical it'll be mental and even managers like Jose couldn't get them to give a shit 

I agree. The psychological rot is really ingrained there now. So many players have no pride. And the players who do put in the effort are selfish, whinging moaners. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

If Ronaldo goes who is gonna knock in 25+ goals next season? 
They don’t have a midfield stacked with goals like City did. 

cavani

martial

rashford

greenwood

😬

they need a new everything, thats why its a bit of a surprise to me that they've identified RB as a key position to upgrade, WB isn't great but he's the least of their trouble, first signing looks like it'll be a 22 year old Dutch LB

1 minute ago, villa4europe said:

cavani

martial

rashford

greenwood

😬

they need a new everything, thats why its a bit of a surprise to me that they've identified RB as a key position to upgrade, WB isn't great but he's the least of their trouble, first signing looks like it'll be a 22 year old Dutch LB

That front line is desperate isn’t it.

Cavani is passed it apart from occasional minutes here and there.

Not sure what’s happened to Rashford but he is either in pain or unhappy about something.

Greenwood obviously won’t play

Martial was shit when they sent him out on loan and seems to have got worse.

For all the does he / doesn’t he make them worse overall they really can’t afford to let Ronaldo go at this point.

Cavani has left but him deciding to extend his contract with the additional year and then deciding that he was homesick and didn't want to be there anymore just about sums their problems up 

17 goals in 39 games year one, 2 goals in 20 games in year two

You've got a guy that experienced after that good a career having those problems for that big a club, its not a quick fix and it's definitley not a tactical fix 

Â