Manchester United

BOF

2 minutes ago, The_Steve said:

Laughable revisionism 

penaldo only turns up when the games aren’t important 

is the revisionism saying the goals he scored arent important? he has pretty kept them in the top four chase and his goals got them through the Champions League group stage

• Like 1

I've watched their last few games and he's been sensational. Linking play. Dropping deep. One twos. Holding the ball. Just been a proper all round forward .

Nobody was asking a 37 year to run around like a mad man but why wasn't he doing this before. There have been countless games this season they've been playing with 10 men.

Hopefully he continues and adjusts his game because he has the skill set to be a team player like that.

Ronaldo has been a huge problem for United this season there's no doubt about that for me.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've watched their last few games and he's been sensational. Linking play. Dropping deep. One twos. Holding the ball. Just been a proper all round forward .

Nobody was asking a 37 year to run around like a mad man but why wasn't he doing this before. There have been countless games this season they've been playing with 10 men.

Hopefully he continues and adjusts his game because he has the skill set to be a team player like that.

Ronaldo has been a huge problem for United this season there's no doubt about that for me.

Yeah he's been good last few weeks. Important to respect that given the off field news in recent times.

He was really poor around Jan/Feb in terms of all round play.

Is he even going to stay and play europa league though when Messi will probably get one more shot at winning CL?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've watched two Man Utd games recently - one against Spurs and then, just, against Brentford.  Ronaldo was absolutely superb in both games, mostly for his work off the ball.

If he had been doing that all season, Man Utd would be set top 4.

He's just back to his usual baiting self, sky will be loving it

There's a reason Liverpool are fighting it out with city to be the best team in world football and that salah is a key player for them and its not simply goal stats

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Can’t believe people still continue to write Ronaldo off as shit :lol: 

He’s scored goals. A lot of goals. Important goals. World class goals. 

Expectations

1 hour ago, Genie said:

probably the 2nd best (arguably the best) player to have played the game.

That's football fan discussion. Jack Grealish is a failure, Ronaldo is shit. 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Yeah but what else has he done?

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, It's Your Round said:

Yeah but what else has he done?

if he played for a team set up like liverpool or man city then yeah that question might be fair

but he's not, he's at utd...and he's the least of their trouble, they could and should bin off around 15 players before questioning Ronaldo, which seeing as its a billion £ squad is ridiculous, he's the only good thing about their season

they've got 4 (might be 5?) players in the top 10 in the PL for mistakes leading to chances but they're shit because ronaldo cant press? bollocks isnt it

• Like 3

23 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

if he played for a team set up like liverpool or man city then yeah that question might be fair

but he's not, he's at utd...and he's the least of their trouble, they could and should bin off around 15 players before questioning Ronaldo, which seeing as its a billion £ squad is ridiculous, he's the only good thing about their season

they've got 4 (might be 5?) players in the top 10 in the PL for mistakes leading to chances but they're shit because ronaldo cant press? bollocks isnt it

Oh definitely, he’s an easy target for hatred. There’s a good long list of united players that deserve a kicking before Ronaldo does. 

Fernandes for one gets away with murder, probably presses even less than Ronaldo. Rashford another I would blame and Martial before he left. Sancho has been poor too but he is new to the mess so would get a pass for the moment. 

Of the attackers only Ronaldo, Cavani and maybe Elanga get a pass from them 

On 04/05/2022 at 10:29, Genie said:

I agree.

He’s a phenomenal footballer and has been throughout his entire career

On 04/05/2022 at 10:29, Genie said:

You reckon he'll stay next season there?

Him in europa league will be interesting sight but I guess if Mourinho is lauding it in conference league anything is possible these days.

On 04/05/2022 at 15:14, Zatman said:

Fernandes for one gets away with murder, probably presses even less than Ronaldo. Rashford another I would blame and Martial before he left. Sancho has been poor too but he is new to the mess so would get a pass for the moment. 

Of the attackers only Ronaldo, Cavani and maybe Elanga get a pass from them 

Cavani's been phoning it in all season, injured pretty much from start to finish yet miracle recoveries for Uruguay so not very popular second season for him there.

Â