Manchester United

BOF

Okay so Rangnick aint the best, but the team is a disgrace, an typical of a team who think they are bigger than the club, where's the leadership. As if they as a team could not perform if they wanted, but then I guess they would have to lower there standards and work with the caretaker.

• Like 2

They're shit but there seems to be a toxicity to the squad. Who are the ringleaders of this?

Anyone have any United supporting pals that know? I could guess that Pogba and Maguire are terrible influences.

7 minutes ago, Mr_Dogg said:

They're shit but there seems to be a toxicity to the squad. Who are the ringleaders of this?

Anyone have any United supporting pals that know? I could guess that Pogba and Maguire are terrible influences.

Redcafe forum is well worth a look. General vibe is there is divide in dressing room between British and Portuguese players.

We need to normalise teams from the 'big' six not always finishing in the top six.

Football is better when different teams get a shot at it each season.

United's fans are upset because in their minds, they've finished bottom of the table.

• Like 3

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

May their decline continue.  Their fans haven’t even scratched the surface of how miserable following a football club can get

Bring out the Yellow and Green scarves

1 hour ago, Mr_Dogg said:

Isnt the rumours of a dressing room leak supposed to be Lingard

Luke Shaw seems like a dickhead as well

9 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Bring out the Yellow and Green scarves

Yep, the yellow and green protest would carry more credence if it wasn’t only cranked up when results are bad.

For all the Glazer’s many faults, investment in the playing squad is not one of them.  

• Like 1

I don't care what you say, some hate him, some love him. But Ronaldo's done his job he was brought in for. Most would join in with the shit, Ronaldo for me is still trying his best (most of the time) in a team that cannot be arsed.

2 hours ago, Wainy316 said:

Yep, the yellow and green protest would carry more credence if it wasn’t only cranked up when results are bad.

For all the Glazer’s many faults, investment in the playing squad is not one of them.  

It’s hilariously bizarre. 

The Glazers have pumped a huge amount of money into the club. Pretty much on a par with other top level teams year after year. Do they think that somehow they sell up and the results on the pitch suddenly improve? They sanctioned a last minute unplanned purchase of Ronaldo, after spending £70m on Sancho. 

This current United side are a disgrace. They are clearly not as good man for man as Liverpool and Man City but to keep downing tools is completely unacceptable.

I’d love the Glazers to move on and leave United with a proper shit owner.

1 minute ago, Davkaus said:

This isn't true, is it? The club have spent a lot, but it's still generating a profit and spending its own income (plus paying out dividends to the Glazers, and interest on the loans they used to finance the club). My understanding is they've been a net drain on the club and taking money out, not pumping it in?

I’ve not really looked into it for a while but my understanding was that the money coming in was all leveraged against the club. It’s a potential house of cards. 

• Like 1

It doesn't detract from the point that Man United spend a fortune, but there's a lot of money flowing out of the club into the Glazer's pockets, that could have been spent on the club, either on the playing squad, or maybe fixing up the embarrassing shithole that's had a leaking roof for about a decade. And that doesn't take into account the billion of so that they've spent on paying off some of the loan.

Edited by Davkaus
  • Like 1

My take on it is that the problem is the group of players that they've put together. Not the players individually, not the manager, but just a really bad blend of characters and footballers who many are at bad points in their careers. It's almost as if over the last five years you have someone within their club responsible for transfers in and outs, contracts etc. Who has tried to do the worst job possible in terms of putting a group together to challenge in the premier league and europe. As well as issues like Lingard and Pogba, bringing in Ragnick? Theyd have been better with Ole. Was listening to a Man U fan slating Mata and Matic, of course they shouldn't be at a club that wants to be challenging, but it's not the players faults they are there and playing.

46 minutes ago, turvontour said:

My take on it is that the problem is the group of players that they've put together. Not the players individually, not the manager, but just a really bad blend of characters and footballers who many are at bad points in their careers. It's almost as if over the last five years you have someone within their club responsible for transfers in and outs, contracts etc. Who has tried to do the worst job possible in terms of putting a group together to challenge in the premier league and europe. As well as issues like Lingard and Pogba, bringing in Ragnick? Theyd have been better with Ole. Was listening to a Man U fan slating Mata and Matic, of course they shouldn't be at a club that wants to be challenging, but it's not the players faults they are there and playing.

They came second last season and the only changes this time round are that Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane joined.  Yet they've somehow ended up with the double whammy of scoring way less and conceding way more.

3 hours ago, bobzy said:

They came second last season and the only changes this time round are that Ronaldo, Sancho and Varane joined.  Yet they've somehow ended up with the double whammy of scoring way less and conceding way more.

I thought it was a miracle that they did finish second last year though.  I suppose when you look at the other clubs around them, they all had some circumstances that helped ManUre.  Chelski and Spuds had managerial changes, Dippers had all their centre-backs injured and Arsenal with a rookie manager trying to change things. 

If they don't put things right, sharpish, I can see others moving ahead of them too.  Absolute shambles of a club - I cannot think of a solitary player they've bought in the past 3/4 years that would have got near the club when Ferguson was in charge.  

Undoubtedly, Man Utd are a shadow of the outfit they once were. No question. However, they're having their worst era in the prem whilst we witness two of the greatest ever teams, let alone prem teams, dominate English football. I think that this puts Utd's 'decline' into a much worse perspective, given their, and the media's, determination to put all the sky 6 clubs in the same bracket. Gary Neville always makes a reference to Utd catching up with the top 2 when they play Utd.

For all the time Fergie's team owned the league, only once did they get more than 90 points. City, Liverpool, and Chelsea have all done this 2 or 3 times, with City likely to do it again this year. The top 4 points totals have all come in the last 5 years. In fact, only twice do Fergie's Utd team come into the top 10 of points totals since the prem began, with 1 of those to drop out if City reach 91 points or more. I'm not saying Utd under Fergie didn't achieve, I'm just trying to say what we're witnessing from Liverpool and City is truly remarkable, and I think this only makes Utd's situation worse (I'm well aware Chelsea and City achieved these totals due to financial doping, but that's for another thread).

Utd, are having their worst season ever. But how many other teams would give their back eye teeth to have had a good run in Europe, finish top half, have one of the world's greatest ever players in the squad, and likely to spend big again in the summer? Once they sort out the backroom team (directors, key staff etc), start pulling in the same direction as a whole, then they'll come good again. Unfortunately.

• Like 1

This is as about as bad as they will ever get. It is virtually impossible to do worse given their financial power, the chances of them ever getting into a proper relegation scrap are very slim. I  expect to see improvement next season, maybe 4th which will raise expectations of a proper title challenge. And then they will probably regress and ten Hag will get sacked off before the cycle starts again.

Â