Manchester United

BOF

So in his defense, his sister was drugged and almost got kidnapped by a couple of Albanian men. If true, surely there is some medical records to at least prove his sister was in fact a target? And if the answer is no, should he be in more shit than what he is currently facing, and also an apology to Albania for stereotyping them?

1 hour ago, rbcuk said:

Maguire has been handed a prison sentence of 21 months and 10 days.

But this will be suspended because it is a first offence and charges were misdemeanours

Would loved to have seen him locked up 

Only if he had 100% did it beyond all reasonable doubt...

Having lived in countries where you can be looked at as a walking ATM and where the police are incredibly corrupt? The fear that you can be thrown into a cell and forgotten about because it’s their word against yours and they are trying to extort money from you is horrible...

If he did do it, then he deserves to be punished... but there’s two sides to every story and I would not be surprised if some of the police knew who he was, demanded a bribe and he refused so they made up that he attempted to bribe them...

I also read that his defence council was not given adequate time to build a case for him...

1 hour ago, Genie said:

Bbc

It's amazing how poor a job the media do of research. Joe Maguire is not Harry Maguire's brother, but every churnalist has just decided, well, they have the same surname, and declared it so. 

Why believe anything else they say when such basic factual errors are commonplace. Not just the BBC, it's in the Guardian, the Times, and many others. Either they're all equally shit, or they're just copy and pasting their work from the same source.

• Like 1

13 hours ago, Davkaus said:

It's amazing how poor a job the media do of research. Joe Maguire is not Harry Maguire's brother, but every churnalist has just decided, well, they have the same surname, and declared it so. 

Why believe anything else they say when such basic factual errors are commonplace. Not just the BBC, it's in the Guardian, the Times, and many others. Either they're all equally shit, or they're just copy and pasting their work from the same source.

I think you've failed here mate.

There's two aren't there?

There's a Joe Maguire who plays in the lower leagues who IS Harry's brother, and he's the one who got arrested with harry.

And there's a Joe Maguire who plays in League 1 who isn't related but is getting confused in the whole thing.

3 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

When someone says do you know who i am? 9 times out of 10 it isnt ending well for you.

Makes you look like a arrogant prick

It does... but if I was in trouble like that and thought it might get me out of it, I'd probably give it a go too.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

It does... but if I was in trouble like that and thought it might get me out of it, I'd probably give it a go too.

They porbably hear this stuff so regularly its counter productive.  Odds are if they have seen your name and dont recognise or aay anything  they dont give a shit

56 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

There's a Joe Maguire who plays in the lower leagues who IS Harry's brother, and he's the one who got arrested with harry.

And there's a Joe Maguire who plays in League 1 who isn't related but is getting confused in the whole thing.

Didn't know about the confused player - my better half's brother went to school with Harry in Ches Vegas.  Joe is definitely his brother!

Edited by bobzy

the police are saying he said "do you know who I am" and kept offering them money, he says that the police kicked his legs and said "your footballing days are finished"

I would guess that both are talking shit

fortunately there is a whole load of man utd fans on social media who are greek legal experts to help sort this out

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

14 hours ago, HongKongVillan said:

So in his defense, his sister was drugged and almost got kidnapped by a couple of Albanian men. If true, surely there is some medical records to at least prove his sister was in fact a target?

I find this quite hard to believe tbh, hopefully there is some evidence to support it. The story was initially she’d been stabbed, to poked with a sharp object, now injected with date rape drugs ahead of an abduction.

Not sure if it’s just internet Chinese whispers or if it’s coming out of the Maguire camp. 

21 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

They porbably hear this stuff so regularly its counter productive.  Odds are if they have seen your name and dont recognise or aay anything  they dont give a shit

Well I know this. But if you were in trouble like that, and you actually were the multi millionaire captain of one of the world's biggest football teams, you'd probably give it a go anyway

1 hour ago, Stevo985 said:

I restored in HD 4k the original "Spider-Man Pointing at Spider-Man"  Template - (aka spiderman confusion meme) - [4096*3072] : MemeRestoration

• Haha 2

22 hours ago, bobzy said:

Didn't know about the confused player - my better half's brother went to school with Harry in Ches Vegas.  Joe is definitely his brother!

I didn't realise that...St Mary's was my primary school!

On 25/08/2020 at 19:06, HongKongVillan said:

So in his defense, his sister was drugged and almost got kidnapped by a couple of Albanian men. If true, surely there is some medical records to at least prove his sister was in fact a target? And if the answer is no, should he be in more shit than what he is currently facing, and also an apology to Albania for stereotyping them?

Sounds like the basic script from Taken ffs slab headed lying toad

Edited by Follyfoot

Â