Manchester United

BOF

6 hours ago, Don_Simon said:

Ole blamed today's result on young players and being three years younger on average than Seville players.

The remedy?

Bring in 20 year old Jadon Sancho.

good management, as excuses go being young is a great one because it suggests that the players are good enough they just need experience which they will get

5 minutes ago, Genie said:

80451-E5-F-A93-C-4-F67-BFE9-349-CD5-FC82

The picture is probably harsh but still, he’s had several bizarre defending errors this season.

Everyone is rightly slating Lindelöf for his "defending" at the second goal but Wan Bissaka also messed up there not tracking the run or covering for Lindelöf, and he generally had a poor game. Maguire I've no idea what he was doing there, baffling.

2 minutes ago, sne said:

Everyone is rightly slating Lindelöf for his "defending" at the second goal but Wan Bissaka also messed up there not tracking the run or covering for Lindelöf, and he generally had a poor game. Maguire I've no idea what he was doing there, baffling.

Thing is none of them are bad defenders individually, as a coordinated defensive unit though they are an absolute shambles and that’s on the manager and his staff.

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, TrentVilla said:

Thing is none of them are bad defenders individually, as a coordinated defensive unit though they are an absolute shambles and that’s on the manager and his staff.

Yeah, Lindelöf is weak in the air, but other than that he's a good defender and with the Swedish national side he's usually excellent. At Manure he looks erratic and mistimed from time to time.

Maguire and Lindelöf should complement each other much better than they do.

7 minutes ago, sne said:

Yeah, Lindelöf is weak in the air, but other than that he's a good defender and with the Swedish national side he's usually excellent. At Manure he looks erratic and mistimed from time to time.

Maguire and Lindelöf should complement each other much better than they do.

I quite like Lindelof, as you say he isn’t that strong in the air but that isn’t as important as it once was, he should be a decent partner for Maguire.

When you watch them as a defensive unit they just don’t look like they are used to playing together or coached as a unit. They could and should be a lot better than they are especially with what is front of them as they shouldn’t be under a huge amount of pressure.

• Like 1

If you expose a goal keeper and defence mistakes will happen and goals will be conceded. 

Mistakes in defence lead to goals, mistakes up top lead to the midfield and defence having to deal with it. 

United play nice free flowing attacking football naively. The defenders have made some glaring errors but you defend as a team. 

Obviously lindelof should've done a lot better with the goal, but wan-bissaka can see everything that's going and just let's the man go free, unmarked into the 6 yard box. If he had followed him and stayed goal side (an absolute basic) then he would've made the clearance. I can see why lindelof is taking a battering, but wan-bissaka deserves one just as much. I'd get slated at the very low level I play at if I let my man go like that.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

A midfield of Pogba and Fernandes is defensively asking for trouble. If United want to continue with this they should go in for Kante if he is still available 

Matic is still performing at a high level

Â