Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Haha yeah.

It's all about habit for me. Get into a habit of doing things and you're less likely to forget.

LIke, I always take my wallet with me when I go out. Even if it's just round to my parents' so I know I won't need it. That way I'll always remember my wallet. Which is kind of vital when work is a 70 mile round trip as it's quite feasible I'll be needing fuel on the journey.

Same with making sure all my windows and doors are locked. Even when I know they're all locked, I still check them before I go out.

yeah thats a strange one for me .. I get out my car , start walking away and click the remote ( i just listen for the locking alert)

my brother (and Dad) will walk around the car and check all 4 doors , even though they may have been alone in the car

Maybe I just have more faith in technology than them or something

If they go on holiday they (brother and dad) will turn off the heating , turn the water off at the stop cock and almost board up the windows of the house

where as I leave my heating on , all be it at a low setting ( I have a cat that I don't want getting cold :) ) and I've gone on holiday before leaving my windows open , I guess I'm selective OCD if such a thing is possible

I've never really understood the turn everything off before going on holiday thing, apart from to save elctricty.

I mean, I do it. But I always think "I wouldn't be turning this stuff off if was at home, and if there was some sort of electrical fire then the result would be the same"

My dad I'll forgive as I think back in the day pipe leaks / freezing over were quite common , but nowadays I think everything is more reliable

I don't even know where my stop cock is , which was greeted with much eye rolling by my dad and comments of how I should know these things ... Imagine my glee when I had to go around to my folks house and put right their PC after it had got all spywared /spammed out .. cue lots of eye rolling and how one should know these things

it's the small victories that make life worth living :)

yeah thats a strange one for me .. I get out my car , start walking away and click the remote ( i just listen for the locking alert)

my brother (and Dad) will walk around the car and check all 4 doors , even though they may have been alone in the car

Maybe I just have more faith in technology than them or something

You and that bloody 'devil may care' attitude :Ppokey.gif

We discussed OCD at some length on here a couple of years ago. I don't think I actually have it, I just have a LOT of very fixed routines (mostly trivial) - but they don't have any adverse effect on my life the way true OCD can do. Quite the reverse in fact, with things like the keys.

I would say pretty much the same

I have some fixed routines and habits , I will only eat breakfast cereal from a cup as it tastes better , i wont eat green penguins , I like worktops kept clear to the point the toaster and kettle live in a cupboard .that sort of stuff

but I don't see anything OCD like about my behaviour

Folk who refer to the Nike logo as a "tick" mark. It is not...it is called a "swoosh stripe", NOT a tick. Think I need to get out a bit more :mellow:

"Swoosh"??? My arse. It's a **** tick, get over it.

Word Removed.

Just because he doesn't wear a cycling helmet. That's harsh.

"Swoosh"??? My arse. It's a **** tick, get over it.

Hallelujah. Testify.

Â