Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

My family doing favours for me. For instance, my father will come to visit and take all my dirty underwear across the country to wash it, when I could have washed it myself here. I was left with 5 pairs of socks that I had to keep washing in little loads for a month. Emptying my full dishwasher without it going through and then doing a really half assed job at cleaning the dishes and putting them back in the press covered in food. My aunt taking my oven glove because it is a little burnt, bringin it across the country and then throwing it out leaving me without an oven glove in the expectation that she will buy me a new one for Christmas. I could have thrown it out here you know. I don't come to your house and take your shit so you can't use it and then promise to replace it with new most likely stuff of inferior quality in the next 2 months, meanwhile I burn my hand **** around with teatowels. This oven glove had a **** magnet. The one she buys me will be shit and without a magnet, but it'll have santa on it or some other token symbol that will be irrelevant 50 weeks out of the year. Why did you take it? Leave me be. My father rearranging my cutlery drawer to the way he has it at home. You visited for 1 day, didn't cook one meal, but thought my cutlery drawer needed rearranging?

My apartment can go from very untidy to clean in 20 minutes. My house and garden dwelling family don't know what to do with the rest of their day when they aren't cutting lawns or climbing ladders or putting on all manner of roasts. Bring a **** book if you're going to visit, and relax.

Not being able to fix my own boiler. I'm a man, dagnabbit, I should be able to do things like this without paying through the nose for someone else to do it :bang:

...and then paying someone one hundred notes for fixing it only for it to stop working again an hour later :bang::bang::bang::bang:

Childrens tv programs that expect the children to be gibbering idiots who think what's going on is real.

"Sounds tough, will you help me?"

*pause*

"Thanks!"

Also I ordered a laptop as a present for Christmas, it came without any kind of packaging and the intended recipient is the one who answered the door so they know what they're getting now. I thought it would at least come in some kind of rudimentary plain cardboard packaging.

Childrens tv programs that expect the children to be gibbering idiots who think what's going on is real.

*pause*

"Thanks!"

Not sure what your on about? They're kids programmes designed for and aimed at kids.

My family doing favours for me. For instance, my father will come to visit and take all my dirty underwear across the country to wash it, when I could have washed it myself here. I was left with 5 pairs of socks that I had to keep washing in little loads for a month. Emptying my full dishwasher without it going through and then doing a really half assed job at cleaning the dishes and putting them back in the press covered in food. My aunt taking my oven glove because it is a little burnt, bringin it across the country and then throwing it out leaving me without an oven glove in the expectation that she will buy me a new one for Christmas. I could have thrown it out here you know. I don't come to your house and take your shit so you can't use it and then promise to replace it with new most likely stuff of inferior quality in the next 2 months, meanwhile I burn my hand **** around with teatowels. This oven glove had a **** magnet. The one she buys me will be shit and without a magnet, but it'll have santa on it or some other token symbol that will be irrelevant 50 weeks out of the year. Why did you take it? Leave me be. My father rearranging my cutlery drawer to the way he has it at home. You visited for 1 day, didn't cook one meal, but thought my cutlery drawer needed rearranging?

From this I can only surmise that you are 16 years old?

I am the worst handyman ever. Why the hell did I not inherit any of my fathers talent.

ohhh that sounds like a challenge to me ...i'm that bad I once changed a light bulb and rung my mate as I was so pleased with myself

I am the man whose solution to everything DIY is blu- tack ... I even stuck a doorbell on the wall with Blu- tack ....

I am the worst handyman ever. Why the hell did I not inherit any of my fathers talent.

I mean, how the **** do you know how to fit a kitchen?

JFDI.

For our first house we bought a flat pack kitchen from MFI - brought it home on the bus in instalments as we didn't have a car. I fitted it myself. Never done anything of the sort before, but I just bought a toolkit and a DIY book, and got stuck in.

Didn't turn out too bad either.

The one we had fitted last year I got done by a joiner, simply because he could do it a lot quicker than me, and now I could afford it.

*pause*

"Thanks!"

Not sure what your on about? They're kids programmes designed for and aimed at kids.

Being as this is the thread. YOU ARE = YOU'RE!!!!!

Is it laziness adding the apostrophe and e (which is forgivable, I'm a lazy word removed) or do people not get which is which? If it's the latter then I'm sure Mooney can provide some tuition or a nice mnemonic :lol:

Royal Mail "upgrading" their website a few weeks before Christmas, then acting all surprised when for several days in a row it's impossible for delivery to be arranged. But don't worry, "Full service should be resumed very soon", the stupid **** words removed.

In addition to this, there's a link on the front page, "We are sorry if you have been experiencing problems with our website. Please see an updated message from Gary Simpson, Chief Customer Officer, Royal Mail here". Guess what happens if you click the link?

Our website is temporarily unavailable. Full service should be resumed very soon. We apologise for any inconvenience this may cause you.

Royal Fail.

I was taught that the apostrophe moves behind the "s" if the "s" is already part of the word. So, to use your example the possessive rule for "people" would always be people's [1] unless you were talking about say, someone with the surname "Peoples" in which case the possessive rule would be Peoples' [2], for example:

[1] The Rock delivered a vicious People's Elbow.

[2] David Peoples' filmography was fantastic, until he had to ruin it all with "Soldier".

Disclaimer: I went to school in Scotland so as far as I know the planet is square and all ailments can be cured with an Irn-Bru and some porridge; the above might not actually be correct.

I was taught that the apostrophe moves behind the "s" if the "s" is already part of the word. So, to use your example the possessive rule for "people" would always be people's [1] unless you were talking about say, someone with the surname "Peoples" in which case the possessive rule would be Peoples' [2], for example:

[1] The Rock delivered a vicious People's Elbow.

[2] David Peoples' filmography was fantastic, until he had to ruin it all with "Soldier".

Disclaimer: I went to school in Scotland so as far as I know the planet is square and all ailments can be cured with an Irn-Bru and some porridge; the above might not actually be correct.

I think we scrapped the apostrophe in Birmingham, didnt we? Aslong as you're posting from Brum you can stick them where you want. Le'ts g'o w'ild!

The most common case where the apostrophe moves is to distinguish singular from plural.

e.g. "The dog's nose is cold" (one particular dog), but "The dogs' noses are cold" (several dogs).

The most common case where the apostrophe moves is to distinguish singular from plural.

e.g. "The dog's nose is cold" (one particular dog), but "The dogs' noses are cold" (several dogs).

I feel sorry for the dogs now.... :(

Following on from the apostrophe thing, people who don't know the difference between they're, there and their. I despair at the spelling ability (or lack thereof) of the current crop of kids at school. I blame phonetic spelling for such travesties as "gawjus" instead of gorgeous.

Â