Things that piss you off that shouldn't

AVFCforever1991

Got a second interview for a job, 4 weeks of interviewing and they decide to only invite me back. Great I thought! " we want a presentation for which we will e-mail you by Tuesday afternoon" After chasing I got it Friday afternoon and they forgot to attach the site plan which I need for the presentation! Finally got it yesterday and interview is today!

To make it worse they offered help for any questions that I have for which I sent 4 BASIC ones to be able to complete and I get this reply

Unfortunately I cannot answer any of the below, but I would certainly bring those questions with you, and outline that you didn't have the answers available to put into your presentation.

I would suggest putting those things into your presentation, leaving blank spaces where necessary.

Do I even turn up I ask!!

Having to spend £30 on an "all-house sonic & electromagnetic spider repellant plug-in". I don't even know if the damn things actually work, but I suppose I can look at it as £30 spent on never having to see the missus get in the state she was in last night; it was as if she'd seen the devil.

sounds like a tiger repelling rock to me...

Where would I get one of these rocks of which you speak?

...he thinks it fine to go against the world and simple logic by using commas to display a decimal...

Isn't that normal for continentals?

International companies (Vodafone eg) use the correct way. Even the Dutch Vodafone.

They give xmas presents on the 5th December ffs so normal is not really a Dutch thing.

Let us know if they work. I'm terrified of spi...erm...spending time with my girlfriend when she's see one aswell

:suspect:

Ha, I'll let you know mate. I don't like the **** either, but I can turn my panic into affirmative action as opposed to crying and a refusal to go to bed until 2am.

Let us know if they work. I'm terrified of spi...erm...spending time with my girlfriend when she's see one aswell

:suspect:

Ha, I'll let you know mate. I don't like the **** either, but I can turn my panic into affirmative action as opposed to crying and a refusal to go to bed until 2am.

I'm more the latter, unfortunately. Actually, here's something thats pissed me off. We've bought a massive, pretty much perfect christmas tree for our flat. Got it home and realised it's covered in the little bastards. They've taken over the living room. The missus has to catch them and let them out because she won't let me throw my shoe at them :oops:

I work in a well known bank (I'm not sure why I can't name them, I've just seen other people say that) and one of my jobs is to print off letters that are for customers, written by my colleagues. The grammar and spelling on some of them is terrible. For example, this is copied and pasted from one letter; -

"Unfotunately, we are unable to proseed until we receive you completed personel details form"

I'm not a grammar nazi, I'm sure this post has many mistakes in, but this is to customers. I find it embarrassing. They're also written in Times New Roman, they can have two or three different fonts etc etc.

My problem is, do I just print them off and let the customer see how stupid and incapable we are or do I correct them and not reach my targets? I've tried telling team leaders and people higher up, but they basically just shrug their shoulders

I work in a well known bank (I'm not sure why I can't name them, I've just seen other people say that) and one of my jobs is to print off letters that are for customers, written by my colleagues. The grammar and spelling on some of them is terrible. For example, this is copied and pasted from one letter; -

"Unfotunately, we are unable to proseed until we receive you completed personel details form"

I'm not a grammar nazi, I'm sure this post has many mistakes in, but this is to customers. I find it embarrassing. They're also written in Times New Roman, they can have two or three different fonts etc etc.

My problem is, do I just print them off and let the customer see how stupid and incapable we are or do I correct them and not reach my targets? I've tried telling team leaders and people higher up, but they basically just shrug their shoulders

I'd tell your superior

Even if it's just to say "I told you so" if it ever comes up

That is absolutely shocking.

But what is even more shocking is the fact that your bosses don't seem to think it matters.

Anybody want to employ me as a proofreader?

That is absolutely shocking.

But what is even more shocking is the fact that your bosses don't seem to think it matters.

Anybody want to employ me as a proofreader?

I don't know if they care or not really. I think they would like them to be correct, but they'd rather get all the work out and receive, I don't know, 1 complaint every 20 letters or so. Probably explains the 251,563 complaints we got the first half of the year (little clue there).

What is the job B6?

Is it neccessary that you do a presentation?

I only ask as I hate companies that make you do pointless stuff just for the sake of being able to justify spending (wasting) such a large amound on recruitment & HR departments.

Safety manager and it was essential, went well though the slide I had to leave blank I made a humoures comment that they could not respond to.

Job is bigger and 5 grand more but seems less fun as I have a real crack with the staff at my place

That i dont rotate my boxer and sock draw.

I always end up wearing the same 4 or 5 pairs of boxers and socks. I wear them, they get washed, they get put back in the draw (repeat). So many poor pairs of boxers and socks that never see the light of day!

That i dont rotate my boxer and sock draw.

I always end up wearing the same 4 or 5 pairs of boxers and socks. I wear them, they get washed, they get put back in the draw (repeat). So many poor pairs of boxers and socks that never see the light of day!

On a similar note, the fact that good boxers don't come cheap.

The shit adverts for "pay day loans!" what a rip of and taking advantage of people who are desperate. Dont care what they say, a lot of people who use these are in there becasue they can not afford to use them! Just makes peoples situations worse

That i wasted my 10,000th post on this...

Frimpong and Josh McEachranon loan

McEachran is apparently off to Bolton on loan according to the rag this morning. Would love Frimpog but cant see Wenger letting him go as he does get playing time.

Â